Gibson Brands Forums

J45 with DOUBLE pickguard

BirdMan81

Definitely when it comes to blondes, , , , may count when he pours a glass too. . 

Buy Heavens Door Whisky » Fast delivery

I actually was lucky enough to try one of these in September. Can't remember the colour, which is a shame. But it was good. 

Edited by E-minor7

"Maybe a little guard on the harp too ? . ."  Or a harp on the guard?    I read somewhere, when he was still starting out, he put his harmonica in the case On Top of his J45.  I guess he shut the case, and someone put something on top of it - and it destroyed the top of the J45.    

In the 1960s double pickguards kinda beacme fashionable.  Gibson's F25 Folksinger sported them and you never saw someone like Tim Buckley without a Guild 12 string with an added scratchplate.  Then again, why go for two pickguards when one big one will do.  And for good measurw why not screw it down.

Epi-FT79-3.jpg

3 hours ago, zombywoof said:

In the 1960s double pickguards kinda beacme fashionable.  Gibson's F25 Folksinger sported them and you never saw someone like Tim Buckley without a Guild 12 string with an added scratchplate.  Then again, why go for two pickguards when one big one will do.  And for good measurw why not screw it down.

Epi-FT79-3.jpg

I doubt if those pick guards lifted on the corners

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

"Maybe a little guard on the harp too ? . ."  Or a harp on the guard?    I read somewhere, when he was still starting out, he put his harmonica in the case On Top of his J45.  I guess he shut the case, and someone put something on top of it - and it destroyed the top of the J45.    

Man ,i hope the harp was o.k