Gibson Brands Forums

What's the story of your avatar image?

sparquelito

1 minute ago, Pinch said:

And he's too cheap to buy a real wig. So a Brillo pad it is. 

Jesus. 

That is fukin funny. Man I used to love those guys as a kid. As musicians they are hacks, sorry Guitar God, its the truth.  Tommy may have some talent.

The magic of web forums. 

From 'what's the story of your avatar?'
to
'the merits versus drawbacks of smoking weed'
to
'I love KISS and and enjoyed seeing them perform live'
to
'Gene Simmons is a ******bag'. 

The  novel just sort of writes itself. 

🤨

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 1

I've changed my avatar a few times over the years. My current avatar is a picture from a band gig a few years ago.  I liked the filter effect that was used. I cropped the rest of the band out and uploaded it here. It's still too small and I'll probably change to another avatar at some point.

Some of us use as an avatar the image of some person other than ourselves.  I've been looking at these avatars for a few years now, and I imagine that if I were to ever meet some of you guys in person, I might be disappointed. 

I'm going to expect Sgt. Pepper to look like Sgt. Pepper, Retired to look like Herman Munster, rct to look  like Zardoz (what a weird movie), zigzag to look like the Zig-Zag papers guy, etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

Some of us use as an avatar the image of some person other than ourselves.  I've been looking at these avatars for a few years now, and I imagine that if I were to ever meet some of you guys in person, I might be disappointed. 

I'm going to expect Sgt. Pepper to look like Sgt. Pepper, Retired to look like Herman Munster, rct to look  like Zardoz (what a weird movie), zigzag to look like the Zig-Zag papers guy, etc.

I’m ugly with short hair and a grey beard. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Natural said:

I'm ugly with no hair other than a big, bushy white moustache.  Every four or five years I'll wear a beard, but it never gets as long as that of the REAL Mr. Natural.

After shaving almost every day for 23 years I said no more. After getting out of the military had a goatee and then just said screw it. I trim it to make the wife happy.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gene can eat a whole bag of d-icks. I'll even buy him the family size bag. What a self absorbed piece of s-hit he is. Who cares how many chicks you say you slept with, I hope your tiny weeny falls off you tool.

He was super nice and humble when I met him.  There was a lady whose brother in law had cancer and couldn't make it and was a diehard KISS fan, and they weren't sure if he was going to be ok or not. So, Gene had her husband, who was recording on video, get up on the stage, and had everyone in the crowd get close together and Gene said, "Hey, this is Gene Simmons in a room full of people who love you and want you to get better! Everyone say, "Yeah!'" and said, "You better get well!". Quite a few tears were shed after that. He also was super great to the little kids there, too. He was awesome when I met him. Heck, one of my Mom's friends ran into him at the airport after that event and got a picture with him.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

That is fukin funny. Man I used to love those guys as a kid. As musicians they are hacks, sorry Guitar God, its the truth.  Tommy may have some talent.

Not true at all. Sorry, I disagree big time. No offense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cody78 said:

Other than 'God Gave R&R to You' I have never actually listened to Kiss. I thought this was important for everyone to know...(and it turns out it was a song by Argent?). 

Yeah KISS didn't write that... I've know for a long time. Ace didn't write New York Groove, it was a it was written by Russ Ballard who was in Argent (Russ wrote God Gave RNR To You as well) and a band called Hello did it (NY Groove) in '75. Great song. KISS did it the first time I saw them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 3/22/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mr. Natural said:

[flapper] Well, I do have a Hermon Munster Halloween full mask just for you if I ever see you,  Lol. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah KISS didn't write that... I've know for a long time. Ace didn't write New York Groove, it was a it was written by Russ Ballard who was in Argent (Russ wrote God Gave RNR To You as well) and a band called Hello did it (NY Groove) in '75. Great song. KISS did it the first time I saw them.

It's a good song for sure. I  might have to check out some more Argent (and finally listen to some Kiss too!) 

1 hour ago, cody78 said:

It's a good song for sure. I  might have to check out some more Argent (and finally listen to some Kiss too!) 

Rod Argent as you know was the keyboard/piano player for The Zombies.  I can't take KISS after Destroyer. And KISS - Alive! is killer, but that album has so many touch ups its just not even funny.  And did we really need a 4 hour Peter Criss drum solo, no we did not. You could have put at least 2 more songs on that album. And Kiss - Alive II they could not even fill 4 sides with live material. I have my original album and side 4 is studio recording. You are telling me you guys could not pick 4 or 5 more songs to put on side 4.