Gibson Brands Forums

What's the story of your avatar image?

sparquelito

I'm sure this has been done before, but if so, I can't find it in a search of the forum's archives. 

What's the background or back-story of your avatar image?

Some of you have a photo there of your favorite guitar, or a screenshot from a memorable movie, and I get that.
One or two of us use an image of ourselves from some past gig or performance. 

A handful of you though;
Very interesting and thought-provoking images you have there. 

Do tell all. 

🙂

tommygunner.jpg

6 minutes ago, nelamvr6 said:

Mine is David Gilmour on tour with Pink Floyd in France in 1974. Tu be fair, he plays a Strat most of the time, so not entirely appropriate for a Gibson forum. But if he doesn't qualify as a Guitar God then no one does! 

Haha you think the most inappropriate thing here is talking about fenders. Welcome to the forum and a lot of us love guitars of all makes.

Oh to be on topic, my avatar is the Nighthawk I had a heck of a search to locate it. The nicest NH I own... for now haha!

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

ZARDOZ

Contrary to some beliefs in some forums all over the place, it is not me.  Looks like me, but is not me.  It's just a movie I happen to like, it's fairly impersonal, flexible, and I use it everywhere that has an avatar since about the turn of the century.

rct

• Like 2

past couple years was pic of J.Mascis' rig of three stacks that he stands right in front of - dude is loud (and awesome)....but this thread makes me think its probably time for a change so I'll go back to 'Lemmy has left the building' for a while...

• Like 1

Mine is the headstock of the coolest guitar I ever owned:

RqrxBfw.jpg

2000 Custom Shop Custom order one of two commissioned by the Peace Frog Clothing Co.

yBiJFfW.jpg

I picked it up at a Collector Auction nearly 10 years ago. It took about 4 years for the owner (a collector in Italy) of the other one to find me and after a few months of back and forth I sold it to him. It has a 50's chunky baseball bat type neck that was too big for me to bond with. Otherwise a fabulous guitar and a work of art. I decided to keep the avatar since it is unique, even though I no longer own it or the other 5 LP's I had. Like Rabs I'm happy with a lovely CS-336 along with my 1969 ES-335, my only remaining Gibsons.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, rct said:

ZARDOZ

Contrary to some beliefs in some forums all over the place, it is not me.  Looks like me, but is not me.  It's just a movie I happen to like, it's fairly impersonal, flexible, and I use it everywhere that has an avatar since about the turn of the century.

rct

You mean you don't have a drawn on mustache? The gun is good, the p-enis is evil.

I like The Beatles. I used to have Zappa as mine. That was in a different life time.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 3/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, rct said:

ZARDOZ

rct

I thought it was Ed Wood ...

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

I thought it was Ed Wood ...

It a movie that has Sean Connery running around in thigh high boots, long hair, and an orange diaper. Think I'm kidding look it up. You can't make this stuff up. Well you can and someone did and they made a movie about it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JO'C said:

Mine is the headstock of the coolest guitar I ever owned:

RqrxBfw.jpg

2000 Custom Shop Custom order one of two commissioned by the Peace Frog Clothing Co.

yBiJFfW.jpg

I picked it up at a Collector Auction nearly 10 years ago. It took about 4 years for the owner (a collector in Italy) of the other one to find me and after a few months of back and forth I sold it to him. It has a 50's chunky baseball bat type neck that was too big for me to bond with. Otherwise a fabulous guitar and a work of art. I decided to keep the avatar since it is unique, even though I no longer own it or the other 5 LP's I had. Like Rabs I'm happy with a lovely CS-336 along with my 1969 ES-335, my only remaining Gibsons.

That is very unusual with the finish. I like it.  I had a couple wide neck guitars as a teen, takes awhile to get used to them but playing them a lot more helps a lot. 

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You mean you don't have a drawn on mustache? The gun is good, the p-enis is evil.

I like The Beatles. I used to have Zappa as mine. That was in a different life time.

I like yours, it's cool.  I love the Beatles also.