Gibson Brands Forums

How do you want to go?

sparquelito

On 4/21/2021 at 1:50 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

Since I’ve recently been diagnosed with pre diabetes and other maladies my youngest daughter has got me on a diet. If you don’t hear from me, I’ve starved to death.

Sorry to hear that. The doctor told me I was borderline and should drop weight. So I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. Most of it was all the muscle from working out so long. Next visit, I was fine. I am not so sure about trusting doctors anymore. 

13 hours ago, Retired said:

Sorry to hear that. The doctor told me I was borderline and should drop weight. So I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. Most of it was all the muscle from working out so long. Next visit, I was fine. I am not so sure about trusting doctors anymore. 

I’m down 10 lbs now but stuck at 230lbs for a couple weeks. Need to increase my walks I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I’m down 10 lbs now but stuck at 230lbs for a couple weeks. Need to increase my walks I guess.

That helps a lot. But you probably get that walking around all over your farm land doing chores? 

29 minutes ago, Retired said:

That helps a lot. But you probably get that walking around all over your farm land doing chores? 

I try to walk 25 minutes a day plus chores,a lot of times I push my magnet on wheels and pick up 120 years of nails and what not around here.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I try to walk 25 minutes a day plus chores,a lot of times I push my magnet on wheels and pick up 120 years of nails and what not around here.

I would like to go back to weight lifting again after sitting around a whole year doing nothing during Covid, last year. I don't know if it's even worth it at this age? Maybe just do some of the machines they have there? 

Y'know Butch, if your mobility was normal all that time, there would have been nothing wrong with walking a few times around the block daily or riding a bike(if you have one) as  Covid really didn't keep folks from being outside.  I'd give anything just to be able to walk upright painlessly farther than 20-25 yards.    But some time ago, I made up a list of what defines an atypical American frame of mind.  Number one on the list----

"Many Americans will spend upwards of one half an hour driving around a lot,  trying to find the closest parking space so they won't have too far to walk into the health club where they'll spend the next 45 minutes on a treadmill!"  [wink]

Whitefang