Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Things

01GT eibach

Musicians Friend sends out their "stupid deal of the day" email to me every day that I invariably open and look at (what a sucker, I know).  They very commonly send out only some discounted ukulele, tuner, or a cord set ... nothing ever that interesting or compelling.  However, lately they been sending out much more intriguing discounts.  The other day, they had the $1600 USA Martin D Ovangkol Dreadnought discounted to $999 (a USA Martin for less than a grand -- 38% off).  Today, they have a Line 6 Spider V 60 mk ii amp discounted over 25% to only $220 (the Line 6 Spider V line has amazing functionality).

MF is making the "stupid deal of the day" much more compelling ...

L21089000001000-00-220x220.jpg

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

The deal was for $999.  The $1600 is the normal price.

Martin's best kept secret is the 15 series all Hog guitars. $1299 for a USA made Martin any day of the week. I have a D-15M. Outstanding guitar for the price. I got mine used for $750.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Musicians Friend sends out their "stupid deal of the day" email to me every day that I invariably open and look at (what a sucker, I know).  They very commonly send out only some discounted ukulele, tuner, or a cord set ... nothing ever that interesting or compelling.  However, lately they been sending out much more intriguing discounts.  The other day, they had the $1600 USA Martin D Ovangkol Dreadnought discounted to $999 (a USA Martin for less than a grand -- 38% off).  Today, they have a Line 6 Spider V 60 mk ii amp discounted over 25% to only $220 (the Line 6 Spider V line has amazing functionality).

MF is making the "stupid deal of the day" much more compelling ...

L21089000001000-00-220x220.jpg

Yes that would make me sit up & take notice alright. 

The better discounts I see in the uk (Guitar Village etc) are usually not more than 30%

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

7 grand?  Heh.....

The website I looked in had it at $9,999!! 

Whitefang

Your right the 41's are 4.6 k , D-42's are 6k and 45's almost 10k. Love Martin but those prices for Standard  models are f-ing nuts.  The shop I got to when I got my 41 sells them for $4100. Not much of a savings but a little bit. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper