Gibson Brands Forums

"Historic Collection"?

VillainChris

Need to know what guitar it is.  4 at beginning of serial number.....1954 LP RI?  Historic 330?   I'm having trouble finding any image of that sticker/decal which I haven't seen before either, with the elongated headstock pic......seems a bit odd.

Wrong machine heads for that or almost any other Historic Collection RI....if it's historic why is there a volute, and why is the neck and back of headstock black?  Is it a '57 Black Beauty RI?  Machine head buttons are still not right.

:-k

Forum members please correct me if I am wrong.

More pics and expert opinions needed!

Edited by jdgm

1 hour ago, jdgm said:

Need to know what guitar it is.  4 at beginning of serial number.....1954 LP RI?  Historic 330?   I'm having trouble finding any image of that sticker/decal which I haven't seen before either, with the elongated headstock pic......seems a bit odd.

Wrong machine heads for that or almost any other Historic Collection RI....if it's historic why is there a volute, and why is the neck and back of headstock black?  Is it a '57 Black Beauty RI?  Machine head buttons are still not right.

:-k

Forum members please correct me if I am wrong.

More pics and expert opinions needed!

Where do you see a Volute?

I've never seen that sticker either.

You can't see the wings since its painted all black.

Take the control cavity cover off and look at the pots.

Take the truss rod cover off and look at the nut. 

Tell us what you see.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Where do you see a Volute?

Well you're right-  it ain't a volute, but I meant the V of the headstock below the sticker....many Gibsons do have that but it looks much more exaggerated than (for instance) one of mine which has it.

Also noticed it says Historic TM.    But the pic of the elongated Chibson-style headstock is a red flag IMO.  Surely no way would Gibson use that.  

Perhaps VillainChris is villainously testing us? [biggrin]

Edited by jdgm