Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Demo Shop

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Paul14 said:

Wish my bank account looked as nice as the Texan. Oh well

I just looked at the Texan and for the warranty it says this, what does it mean? They all say it.

Gibson 2 Year Limited Factory Warranty (Playability only)

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just looked at the Texan and for the warranty it says this, what does it mean? They all say it.

Gibson 2 Year Limited Factory Warranty (Playability only)

They state that the instruments are pre-owned by notable musicians, so they might not warrantee them for too much. But they've got that magic Pixie Dust on them, I guess.

There is a video on the Demo Shop .  According to what they are saying most of the guitars are new but did not pass a final inspection.  For whatever reason Gibson did not think it worth their while to fix them so they would  have spent the rest of their existence being warehoused or possibly scrapped.   So pretty much the same as selling "Seconds."  Assuming the flaws are mostly minor good prices on them.

Edited by zombywoof

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just looked all 6 are there.

I looked again and there are 0 listed. How are you seeing 6 when I go on your link and it says nada? Are you branching off onto another thread?

Edited by olie

3 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

I don't know.  A $600 discount on the Epi Texan because of maybe a nick or finish flaw or something seems reasonable. 

I would agree with you if they didn’t stamp demo on the headstock

31 minutes ago, Boyd said:

I see six guitars there too. If it doesn't work for you, perhaps try a different browser?

Maybe because I'm not in the States? I tried on the Reverb site and no luck,either. Weird.

3 minutes ago, Boyd said:

Could be. Here's a link to a specific guitar on that page, does it work for you? 

https://reverb.com/item/41432783-gibson-j-45-studio-rosewood-rosewood-burst-demo

I found that link works, but not the others . Someone else here said it didn't show on a European site so I wonder if there's a filter or something for outside the U.S.

If that link worked, I doubt that your location has anything to do with it. Again.... try a different browser, I have seen this exact same kind of thing happen with people here in my area unable to view certain sites. You can use Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera on Windows or Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari on the Mac.

Okay...I just went on the page and changed my location from Canada to The States and, behold, a whole raft of guitars appeared. They've put me on a different aspect than anyone from America would be.I've dealt with Reverb and they automatically adjust prices to Can. $'s so it's a geographic filter.

Edited by olie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boyd said:

If that link worked, I doubt that your location has anything to do with it. Again.... try a different browser, I have seen this exact same kind of thing happen with people here in my area unable to view certain sites. You can use Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera on Windows or Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari on the Mac.

I get the J-45, but nothing else - tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge. 

Try going on to Reverbs site and just type in Gibson Demo Shop. Both acoustic and electrics will come up and then on the left you can narrow it down to what you want to look at. That was how I originally did it and then copied and pasted the link in my first post.

But then again I'm in America with American internet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, Dave F said:

I would agree with you if they didn’t stamp demo on the headstock

Just part of the guitar's history.  No different than having a "2" stamped on the headstock.  Then again I am a natural born cheapskate.  But based on the video I watched they have racks of these demo guitars.  In fact they referred to the section of the shop in Nashville where they are stored as The Cavern.  

Edited by zombywoof

46 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Just part of the guitar's history.  No different than having a "2" stamped on the headstock.  Then again I am a natural born cheapskate.  But based on the video I watched they have racks of these demo guitars.  In fact they referred to the section of the shop in Nashville where they are stored as The Cavern.  

We will sell you our tired, our poor, our huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

We will also sell you our Demo's that are still expensive but we can't sell them as new, but we still make a buck off of them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I just looked on Reverbs site and on the upper right of the site there is a multi-colored flag flying off the the "B" of the word Reverb. Any one have an idea what that is about?

Maybe it is just on the American site?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

It's important to remember that Gibson's Reverb shop ships to only the continental United States. If you see zero listings, that's why—simply switch the "Ship To" dropdown menu to the "Continental U.S."

As for the offers in the shop themselves, I think they're a steal especially if you're looking for something a little out of the ordinary. And electric guitar lovers will find unique guitars there (even prototypes), which is why the main of the inventory is usually scooped up shortly after posting.

Edited by Leonard McCoy