Gibson Brands Forums

Thank You.

MorrisrownSal

1 hour ago, Lars68 said:

You got it, Sal!

Why not ask your friend for approval of a third song of your choice, one that you really want to do as your gift?

Lars

That's a great idea, Lars.  Could be a good way for your to find your groove too, Sal.  Knowing you have one that you're excited about playing and comfortable with may help ease the pain of playing Skynyrd. 😜

55 minutes ago, Salfromchatham said:

A corner of the top got kicked in during the gig from hell last weekend...

Guitar bust. Friend's replacement guitar (a friend drove to his house a mile away and  brought an old alvarez with old strings)... broke one string. then another. then my preamp died. This gig was rough. Got word just before we started that a close friend (who comes up and sings a song or two at every gig) was taken off a ventilator and died. Maybe it was his ghost...

Oh - and BoSoxBiker - the 2nd song is Lynard Skynard Simple Man.  A song for my friend and his mom. I hate that song. And - with apologies to any who partake on this forum - Skynard does nothing for me.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Sal.  That’s rough.  Sure does sound like the gig from hell.

5 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

Got word just before we started that a close friend (who comes up and sings a song or two at every gig) was taken off a ventilator and died.

I had a good friend pass away yesterday at noon. He had been on a vent for the last 2 weeks. My buddy was 43 and passed from COVID.

I'm sorry to hear of both your losses, and sorry to hear you got sick, too, kwalker. I hope you speedy recovery.

Total bummer on you gig from hell and loss of the D15.

While I have no aversion to 'Skynyrd nor Led Zep, I agree that the song "Simple Man" does get pretty annoying to play & sing for some reason. Good luck with that. 🙂 

I'm very fortunate -  no friends, family or acquaintances have been hospitalized or died from Coronavirus.  Though a few have been infected.   Our daughter in law's grandmother was in her mid 90s and died last month from a stroke.  Don't know if she had CV19, but she didn't die from it.  Healthy, happy and active, no symptoms. Then ... died getting out of bed. 

3 hours ago, BoSoxBiker said:

I'm sorry to hear of both your losses, and sorry to hear you got sick, too, kwalker. I hope you speedy recovery.

Total bummer on you gig from hell and loss of the D15.

While I have no aversion to 'Skynyrd nor Led Zep, I agree that the song "Simple Man" does get pretty annoying to play & sing for some reason. Good luck with that. 🙂 

I hope Sal lets us know how it goes

16 hours ago, kwalker201 said:

I’m trying Sal. I was in the hospital for 10 days with it. Never on the vent thank God. But my lungs are still shot from this crap. 

Keith, I've noticed a shortness in breath too....I've always had GREAT breathing, (I was tested every year for @ 30+ years)... but after COVID, not so much!

I'm hoping my lungs will heal some...but not sure.