Gibson Brands Forums

Need advice

driftking72

Hi again guys

i really need help i am peforming somtime in the summer at my school with my sg special but have no idea what to play.

I would like a good song that is good for teenagers.

My skill level i would say is begginer very nearly intermidiete i can play most acdc ect..

;

Advice would be great

Regard driftking

If you are comfortable and more familiar with AC/DC, I would go with them. Running with the Devil is a good choice, but actually getting EVH's sound - phase 90, echoplex and Marshall is sadly, another thing altogether.

If you are comfortable and more familiar with AC/DC' date=' I would go with them. Running with the Devil is a good choice, but actually getting EVH's sound - phase 90, echoplex and Marshall is sadly, another thing altogether.[/quote']

+1

good advice

Which acdc song do you think will put a smile on there face?

"Love at First Feel" would. "School's Out" by Alice Cooper is another classic... are you really looking to play songs from 15-40 years ago? "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks is another garage rock classic.

All the Small Things by Blink 182. It's only 3 chords, teens love Blink, and you can even make it funny by imitating the lead singers whiny voice (Awl tha smawoll theengs, true cayeer, truth breengs).

Are you taking lessons? If not, go for it. Do a little research and find a good teacher near you with good credentials who can teach you what you wanna learn, and you'll be able to melt faces for your school before long.

I'd say "Big Balls", but then you'd have to explain to the staff that it was about high-society get-togethers and not your junk.

How about "There's Gonna' be Some Rockin'"? That's a nice "clean" school-friendly song for the most part...although I'd love to see the look on the faculty's faces if you were to dish out "Squealer". =;

H-Bomb

All the Small Things by Blink 182. It's only 3 chords' date=' teens love Blink, and you can even make it funny by imitating the lead singers whiny voice (Awl tha smawoll theengs, true cayeer, truth breengs).

Are you taking lessons? If not, go for it. Do a little research and find a good teacher near you with good credentials who can teach you what you wanna learn, and you'll be able to melt faces for your school before long.[/quote']

Don't go dissin' Tom DeLonge, he somehow managed to get his band to the top. They're my favorite band to though =;

Archived