Gibson Brands Forums

Rare White Gibson SG Standard for sale

rage941

TOTALLY hang on to this one, unless you're hard up for the cash. Look at how much the MSRP has gone up on SGs just in the past 5 years. Bought mine for 1049 ... now they're selling for like 1500??? Crazy.

I'd LOVE to buy this one off ya if I had the cash. I love the white finishes on the SGs ... good luck!

Is this guitar still up for sale?

good question...

YES STILL FOR SALE.

I will update this thread as soon as it's sold. Otherwise, assume it is still for sale.

Trust me, it's hard not to hang on to it..but I honestly don't play it...and I'm more of a car enthusiast than guitar enthusiast I guess, and I want the cash for my car.

• 3 weeks later...

The color may not be that common but now that you can get a brand new Standard SG for $1200 why would anyone pay more for the same model used? Unless someone is dead set on paying more for a used white one rather than another color new, I think most people will choose the brand new guitar.

Anyways, I'd keep her. It's a sweet guitar.

• 2 weeks later...
The color may not be that common but now that you can get a brand new Standard SG for $1200 why would anyone pay more for the same model used? Unless someone is dead set on paying more for a used white one rather than another color new' date=' I think most people will choose the brand new guitar.

[/quote']

Most, but not all!

Most' date=' but not all![/quote']

So you sold it for your asking price of $1500 ?

Not saying it isnt possible to get your asking price... anything is possible.

Just thinking that price is too high IMO since a brand new one is less...

Congrats if you've let her go... Someone is happy out there.

So you sold it for your asking price of $1500 ?

Not saying it isnt possible to get your asking price... anything is possible.

Just thinking that price is too high IMO since a brand new one is less...

Congrats if you've let her go... Someone is happy out there.

No, no. I started the bidding out on ebay at $1300 and there is one bid.

I've been wanting one of those for a long time! If I wasn't buying a new amp head, I'd swipe it from ya. I'd say that in about 6 months I would take it off your hands...but I see you already have 1 bid on it. Hopefully the bids go up and you get some good $$$ for it. It's a beautiful guitar!

• 7 months later...
can i buy it? or is it too late?
you know, you might want to read the rest of the thread before posting in it. Yes, it sold on ebay, 8 months ago.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone would pay that much for a used current model SG. So what if it's white. They just brought those back again. I paid less than that for my Sg SUPREME in immaculate condition, and it's a much more valuable guitar.

Archived