Gibson Brands Forums

Mellencamp/Springsteen, with The Boss on a Banner J-45....

dhanners623

Wait! That's cheating! Lip-synching guitars? I woulda' loved to hear those two guitars playing together, but that's the studio cut.

I think Mellencamp has my old 000-18, and Springsteen's guitar looks small for a J. Is it an LG2?

Edited by jedzep

So these two artists without doubt defined so much of my younger years. They  were on FM radio every other song when I attended college. Nowadays there are probably 15 songs  from Bruce in our repertoire… 5 that make it into a set any night. And we just started adding a few JM songs (Key West Intermezzo, which is truly a perfect piece of song writing… catchy, simple, full of imagery).

I am real happy to see them collaborate, but a part of me is sad to see how much range JM lost. Still no matter… I tip the hat.

• Like 1

I thought the video, song, pairing, instrumentation (especially the accordion sound, Mellencamp’s strum in there, and that quiet electric guitar in there)), guitars being played, and soul from these two was awesome.    And, the irony parallel of Springsteen once singing Glory Days to now singing Wasted Days down the timeline with Mellencamp was duly noted as totally soulful and felt truthfully portrayed as a bit of self reflection  by both and way coool!  The whole thing was way coool!

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark