Gibson Brands Forums

100th Birthday of the Last Surviving of the "Kalamazoo Gals" who built Gibson's Guitars during WWII

jt

Hello, all. I'm baaaack. 🙂

Yesterday I assembled and posted to my YouTube channel what I'm facetiously calling the "director's cut" of the virtual celebration of the 100th Birthday of the Last Surviving of the "Kalamazoo Gals" who built Gibson's Guitars during WWII.

What a privilege it has been for me to play my small role in this story.

This version contains all 100+ video tributes offered by musicians from a dozen countries around the globe. Have I mentioned what a privilege it has been for me facilitate this event? Contributors include Rosanne Cash, Tommy Emmanuel, Waddy Wachtel, Jennifer Nettles, Emily Saliers, John Jorgenson, and, as you'll see, many very cool folks.

Coolest for our forum may be that Gibson CEO and Brand President, JC” Curleigh and Cesar Gueikian, contributed a heartfelt video.

Anyway, here it is. You'll see several forum members among the wonderful folks who contributed. If you submitted a video and I omitted you (it's been a wild scramble!), please let me know and I'll splice you in.

Thanks to all who contributed.

John, this was just lovely to watch! Thanks for all that you poured into this project from the start—from following your hunch to celebrating the lives and work of all the Gals.

You’ve given the world several truly beautiful stories in the process, not the least of which, in my opinion,  is the one about the Curious Professor Who Lets His Light Shine.

Well done—and congrats!

3 hours ago, AnneS said:

John, this was just lovely to watch! Thanks for all that you poured into this project from the start—from following your hunch to celebrating the lives and work of all the Gals.

You’ve given the world several truly beautiful stories in the process, not the least of which, in my opinion,  is the one about the Curious Professor Who Lets His Light Shine.

Well done—and congrats!

Thank you, Anne! What a gift the Gals gave me.