Gibson Brands Forums

I've Retired...

Murph

I've always heard it was taxes, and they also have to have special formulas due to the California EPA rules.

Here in Southern Illinois, the taxes are higher than in Kentucky, so people cross the Ohio river and buy gas in Kentucky, and the potheads in Kentucky cross the river to come over here and buy legal pot, so Illinois gets the lost gas tax money back through pot taxes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Can anyone explain to me why gasoline is twice as much in CA as in places like OKC ?   Is it state and local taxes?  Sin taxes ? 

I would assume it would be the taxes. But I get in trouble for assuming things 😂.

17 hours ago, J-1854Me said:

It went up to $2.15 a litre here in western Canada, it's now gone down to $1.91/l.

That works out to around $5.50 US per US gallon.

And that, of course, is not what our friends in Europe and other areas pay!

"I got GAS....."   🙂

Fred

almost 8 bucks a US gal actually, was almost 9 and will be again I think, glad Im retired and only go where and when I want, cheers

I paid $2.44 a litre here the other day and really appreciate my little old BMW 1.8 litre 4 cylinder motor! Yep!

A guy at the next pump with a big Pontiac, unsure the model but it looked like an elongated Camaro, well he looked he was about to cry and his mate with a big Toyota Truck and big fishing boat did some complaining!

It is just more criminal activity, isn’t it? We get oil from off our coast and the rest from the arabs, not Russia. I think.

BluesKing777.

1 hour ago, BluesKing777 said:

I paid $2.44 a litre here the other day and really appreciate my little old BMW 1.8 litre 4 cylinder motor! Yep!

A guy at the next pump with a big Pontiac, unsure the model but it looked like an elongated Camaro, well he looked he was about to cry and his mate with a big Toyota Truck and big fishing boat did some complaining!

It is just more criminal activity, isn’t it? We get oil from off our coast and the rest from the arabs, not Russia. I think.

BluesKing777.

I've broken out the 50cc scooter. I fill 'er up on one gallon of gas and get around 100 miles out of it lol. 

Edited by Sevendaymelee