Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Half N Half

Rabs

4 hours ago, Rabs said:

Just saw this on one of Troglys videos....  A half n half Les Paul

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/DMO2F1845/Les-Paul-Classic/Half-n-Half

8HrZgZQ.jpg

YcHVZD8.png

Very much reminds me of a guitar I made years ago now...  But id say that mine takes the idea further....  🙂 

tnuLVVP.jpg

Qfk9LeM.jpg

You should sue them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Farnsbarns said:

I think I've played that (yours, not the Gibby)?

Hmm, im not sure if I had made that guitar when we did that jam.... Life has been such a blur the last several years its hard to remember.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:22 PM, Rabs said:

Just saw this on one of Troglys videos....  A half n half Les Paul

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/DMO2F1845/Les-Paul-Classic/Half-n-Half

8HrZgZQ.jpg

YcHVZD8.png

Very much reminds me of a guitar I made years ago now...  But id say that mine takes the idea further....  🙂 

tnuLVVP.jpg

Qfk9LeM.jpg

You did it first man! Get your solicitor to write them a letter. Gibson are no strangers to lawsuits. 

8 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I almost threw up at first sight, had to look away.   The one you made looks way cooler.  

Cheers  🙂  There was also an idea behind my one which was using two different types of wood, would in theory enhance the treble response on the high strings as Ash is harder than the Mahogany on the bass side which again "in theory" enhances bass response on that side of the guitar.

Not that, that in itself really meant anything. I also just liked the idea and was intrigued by it so made it cos I could 😄 

8 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

You did it first man! Get your solicitor to write them a letter. Gibson are no strangers to lawsuits. 

Ha yeah..  And the first thing they would say is that I stole their body shape in the first place  😄 (or close to anyway).

12 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Ha yeah..  And the first thing they would say is that I stole their body shape in the first place  😄 (or close to anyway).

We all know Gibson invented everything ever that has anything to do with guitars, just ask them and they will tell you. Then  they will sue you. The acoustic guitar your company made has a hole on the top. We invented that in 23 BC, and you included it on your acoustic guitar, so Mr. Ben Dover, here comes the law suit.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1