Gibson Brands Forums

Incoming AXE

duane v

On 6/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, duane v said:

I have a great job, and every now and again the train crossing guard (the wife) lifts the train crossing arms so I can drive through.

Note that I have sold two 1967 Hofner basses and one 2001 Hofner Cavern bass over the last three months which has allowed me to parley towards other instruments. You can do a lot with $5000.

you don't have to justify how you spend your dough to anyone.

let us know how that SG is,  I was never an SG fan either, --  that is UNTIL I bought one,  THEN I got it. 

Mrs. Notes is a guitar player. If I see a guitar I like, she says that I need that guitar. I know she wants to play it too!!!

But that's a problem. I play music for a living, so every dollar I spend on a guitar means less pay for what I'm doing., so I have to discipline myself 😉

Actually, it's not hard. My guitars, saxes, wind synths, flutes, etc., are tools. And I end up wearing them hard, so collector value is nil. If the tool can make my gigs easier for me, make me sound better, or increase my potential profits, I'll get it. If not, I'll forget it.

I'd rather spend my money on travel (not tourisim). I've been as far away as China and Australia, and as close as 49 US states, much of Canada, down to Costa Rica a lot of the Caribbean, quite a few countries in Europe and a bit of Africa. Other than China, they have all been independent travel. I needed a tour in China because I can't read the road signs or bus/train schedules. If written in Roman letters, I could recognize even if I can't understand. But that was before Google Translate.

I like SG guitars, and your model is my favorite color, pickguard, and talipiece. I hope it gives you many years of pleasure.

Notes ♫

• Thanks 1