Gibson Brands Forums

The wife is…..

Mr. Gibson

8 hours ago, Murph said:

Mine's a Cajun.

I do get the cooking, though...

Lucky you.  The one thing I missed after transferring from New Orleans to Tucson in 1998 was having easy access to Cajun and Creole cooking.   OMG!  That was nirvana for me.   It was probably for the best though.  I gained 60 pounds in the 10 years I was there, and that was despite working out regularly.  Had I not left, I would probably be 500 pounds by now.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

Lucky you.  The one thing I missed after transferring from New Orleans to Tucson in 1998 was having easy access to Cajun and Creole cooking.   OMG!  That was nirvana for me.   It was probably for the best though.  I gained 60 pounds in the 10 years I was there, and that was despite working out regularly.  Had I not left, I would probably be 500 pounds by now.  

Nothing like the smell of Bourbon St. in the morning walking around. Oh that smells like pee, and over here smells like vomit. Lovely.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nothing like the smell of Bourbon St. in the morning walking around. Oh that smells like pee, and over here smells like vomit. Lovely.

Yeah, that “special” aroma was especially nauseating.   I remember driving to work on Ash Wednesdays and witnessing the sight of waist -high garbage along the parade routes of the “Fat Tuesday” parades the Central Business District of New Orleans.  Truly mind-boggling.  The “powers-to-be” would estimate the attendance of the parade by the tonnage of garbage being removed from the streets post-parade.  It was quite the spectacle.

11 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Lucky you.  The one thing I missed after transferring from New Orleans to Tucson in 1998 was having easy access to Cajun and Creole cooking. 

Indeed. We go down sometimes JUST for the food. 

We'll make other excuses, but it's really the food...

25 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

She’s better today,but I’m going to have to buy a dishwasher. Cabinets if she reads this thread.

I was in a bar and a married couple, very close friends, had a spat going. Standing in the middle of the dance floor. I walked up and put a hand on both their shoulders. They both looked at me and i said one word. "Chocolate". They both backed up and busted into laughing and suddenly the spat wasnt important.

I dunno the point. Suppose distraction doesnt work too well huh? Prolly works if it was just missing the trash. But a broken dishwasher tends to stick around for a bit.

Arg........

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I go for the beads.

Speaking of beads,  I found it truly amusing how the Mardi Gras parade goers would go insane to be the recipients of a handful of cheap plastic beads or some glorified plastic red solo cup with a logo on it.  Women being convinced to display their “bodacious tatas” (not that I’m complaining) and some people engaging in physical altercations to wrestle these “treasures” away from the people next to them.  I chalked it up to the excessive consumption of cheap liquor.

Edited by tx-ogre

11 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

I chalked it up to the excessive consumption of cheap liquor.

99 % of the stupidity that I have witnessed can be blamed on drugs and/or alcohol.

That's why I've been clean and sober for many years.

12 hours ago, Murph said:

99 % of the stupidity that I have witnessed can be blamed on drugs and/or alcohol.

That's why I've been clean and sober for many years.

I noticed New Orleans took their drinking very seriously.   A party could break out anywhere at any time.  When I first moved there in 1988, LA dis not have an open container law.  That eventually changed.  However, the city of New Orleans eventually allowed for drive-thru daiquiri shops.  Yep, you could just drive up, place your order and drive away like it was a burger and fries.  Well, they did require that the paper be left on the straw to prevent drinking while driving.  

14 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

I noticed New Orleans took their drinking very seriously.   A party could break out anywhere at any time.  When I first moved there in 1988, LA dis not have an open container law.  That eventually changed.  However, the city of New Orleans eventually allowed for drive-thru daiquiri shops.  Yep, you could just drive up, place your order and drive away like it was a burger and fries.  Well, they did require that the paper be left on the straw to prevent drinking while driving.  

😉

Whitefang