Gibson Brands Forums

Sigs

callen3615

Why do people feel the need to inform me what guitars, amps, pedals, hopes and dreams, and favorite artists they have or like in their sig?:D

Why do people put stuff like: "squire bullet (horrible I know) " in their sig???

If its horrible why would I want to know you have it???

I have a 96 honda accord, I didnt put it in my sig. =P~

Beats me...

The guys that have too many great guitars... well I can understand but when the list is too extensive it is just boring and kind of rude... (IMO).

The guys with crappy stuff ... I'm with you, don't know what they are showing of for.

The guys with average/standard equipment... well maybe they want us to try some of it and see what we think... (which would be useful... if you like AXE's tone (like everyone else in here) and AXE had his rig on his sig, you could go out and try it and see what you can get out of it).

Sadly AXE is not willing to give away the secret to his tone...

Paul gilbert did a cover of that. Im sure everyone here hates it. =P~

Well' date=' lets compare. They both rock in their own ways.

I saw Paul Gilbert with Mr. Big back aroung '91. Him and Billy Sheehan playing together really leave an impression on you.

I can understand why people like boc. There good. But I dont understand the hate toward the virtuosos..

I have a hard time understanding that as well. "He'd be better if he didn't know how to play his guitar so well."...sounds silly to me.

I also have a hard time with the extreme "This or That" argument. Like, "I hate Claptons Little Wing 'cause I like the Hendrix version".

People like paul gilbert' date=' steve vai, joe satriani, yngwie malmsteen, ect suck because they have no feeling....

There style is different from clapton, or slash, BUT they could run circles around those guys.[/quote']

exactly...no soul in their sound.

Hey! It may be a POS but, it's the only acoustic I have. It's actually an F-310 (cheapest model if I'm not mistaken :- )

There is a bit of an interesting story behind it though, or maybe not... but I'll share it with you anyway.

I work for the Public School Board here in Edmonton and a school was throwing away a bunch of broken instruments.

I came across an acoustic that the bridge had been partly pried off, as if someone had grabbed all the strings and yanked really hard or maybe just tightened them all incredibly tight.

So instead of throwing it out I took it home with me, took the strings off, put some wood glue under the bridge and clamped it down. Wile I waited for the glue to dry I polished all the frets and cleaned and oiled the fret board. The next day I put some new strings on it and tightened up the truss rod and it didn't play too badly. I later re-glued the nut which had obviously been replaced before by someone who didn't really care what they were doing.

It's still more of a campfire guitar than anything else, but I like it because of the work I put into it and the fact that I really wasn't sure it would be anything close to playable again.

On a side note I also got myself a free trumpet that day that day that just needed a new mouth piece and some polishing. =P~

Archived