Gibson Brands Forums

$50k greeny!

jims les pauls

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

In your face 50k Greeny. This is owned by Dr. Know and he wants 65k for it. Only $150 for shipping. What a deal. We're sailing on.

https://reverb.com/item/61728924-esp-48th-street-s-style-guitar-blackie-owned-by-dr-know-of-bad-brains

I just looked. I am shocked it hasn't sold yet. It was a steal at $150 shipping.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

I'm sure it was free.

I heard Gibson put 2 in the “vault”. They actually sold 48 Greeny’s. So my guess was Caesar set aside the 2. Now we know Momoa got one (apparently Artist Proof #1), wonder who got the second? Anyways, it’s not really a surprise, Beckham’s son got an NG-355 2 months after they were all “sold out”. Pretty sure Caesar is giving them away free to his friends..

39 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Or he makes millions in the Fish-whisperer movie and has connections, and for us regular folks who wear an occasional Python Boot, it’s like dropping a 5-er.

Whether or not Momoa bought it or not, the fact that “special” treatment is so out in the open is hilarious. Caesar and Jason are buddies, so not that much of a surprise. I remember hearing Caesar saying in an interview Momoa gifting him a 60’s Hummingbird while visiting his house for dinner…

Edited by Hype

12 minutes ago, Hype said:

Whether or not Momoa bought it or not, the fact that “special” treatment is so out in the open is hilarious. Caesar and Jason are buddies, so not that much of a surprise. I remember hearing Caesar saying in an interview Momoa gifting him a 60’s Hummingbird while visiting his house for dinner…

Why do stars get special treatment? I guess us regular Joe’s  can’t scratch their backs and have it reciprocated.

Well, we the people are buying into these people to make them rich and special. Hating them is hating ourselves. But I am offended by the special celebrity treatment who have these awful, most reprehensible lifestyle gloating about their lifestyle while people sleep in tents on the streets in probably their home state. They make the kind of money that can change things. 

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So when you bought your house, you paid cash, or did you get a mortgage?

difference is pep, I would die if I didnt have a house,  same as food,   a guitar is a different cause Im to big to live in one and I dont digest wood and glue, ,  to me affording a git vs a house is a different consideration when borrowing loot...

17 minutes ago, jvi said:

difference is pep, I would die if I didnt have a house,  same as food,   a guitar is a different cause Im to big to live in one and I dont digest wood and glue, ,  to me affording a git vs a house is a different consideration when borrowing loot...

Ok I totally understand you need shelter to live. Ok what about a car, buy that outright, or now do you NEED a car to live? I know you need a car to get to work, right. And you have never in your life bought something on credit? 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ok I totally understand you need shelter to live. Ok what about a car, buy that outright, or now do you NEED a car to live? I know you need a car to get to work, right. And you have never in your life bought something on credit? 

I need a truck to work , allways had a good one,  allways  paid cash, the item Ive used credit for most other than the house was guitar payments, they  never put me in dept   -I believe you said something about "going into dept for 15 years"  thats what I was referencing  ...

9 hours ago, jvi said:

seems like a lot of " I cant afford it- they shouldnt make it " from people who already spend thousands on standard models.  

I can afford it. The problem is even if you have money they reserve/set them aside to their friends. How the hell did David Beckham’s son get a NG-355 2 months after it was apparently sold out? Hell even for me I had to order months in  advance and no guarantees. Beckham was like oh darn I forgot to get one for my son, Caesar any ones set aside for me????

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

The Momoa thing is not offensive but some of the virtue signaling here is 

So you’re offended by virtue signaling calling out special treatment towards the rich, but you’re not offended that you have to pay top dollar for crap a company puts out that doesn’t even consider you a valued customer… I don’t know man… that’s weak bruh lol!

To add, it’s one thing when regular joes may spout out a signal or two, but it’s awful when the wealthy are telling you how to live. They have the power to slam it in your face with ads and billboards, etc. all I can do is post here where maybe all 20 of the same people see it and argue about it lol.

Edited by NighthawkChris