Gibson Brands Forums

$50k greeny!

jims les pauls

@merciful-evans, I can't think of a non-family/friend person in this world I would ever want to pay $50k to visit .  And if it was a family/friend, would depend on who that is, haha!  Also agreeing not to resale the guitar with Gibson...  Just seems like a stupid thing to go for.  I mean, if you're rich, maybe it doesn't matter what you spend $50k for, especially if you wipe your hind end with that kind of dough.  I saved up for my R9 and it was about 10% of the cost of this Hammet Greeny.  I like my R9, and I feel it was worth it to me, but I digress, this guitar is not worth $50k and all the additional pieces in the deal to me don't add up. 

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

@merciful-evans, I can't think of a non-family/friend person in this world I would ever want to pay $50k to visit .  And if it was a family/friend, would depend on who that is, haha!  Also agreeing not to resale the guitar with Gibson...  Just seems like a stupid thing to go for.  I mean, if you're rich, maybe it doesn't matter what you spend $50k for, especially if you wipe your hind end with that kind of dough.  I saved up for my R9 and it was about 10% of the cost of this Hammet Greeny.  I like my R9, and I feel it was worth it to me, but I digress, this guitar is not worth $50k and all the additional pieces in the deal to me don't add up. 

Wait a guitar you buy with your money, you have to agree to not resell it. Are you F-ing kidding me. Once I buy it it’s mine and I can do what I damn well please with it. Oh that’s right if Gibson finds out they will sue you. 

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wait a guitar you buy with your money, you have to agree to not resell it. Are you F-ing kidding me. Once I buy it it’s mine and I can do what I damn well please with it. Oh that’s right if Gibson finds out they will sue you. 

I wonder how much you could actually sell the guitar for. If you spent the $50k to get the meet with Kirk part then try to recoup the costs by selling, that’s nuts! Just seemed like a pile of nonsense to dole out that kind of cash for a whole lot of not. 

2 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I wonder how much you could actually sell the guitar for. If you spent the $50k to get the meet with Kirk part then try to recoup the costs by selling, that’s nuts! Just seemed like a pile of nonsense to dole out that kind of cash for a whole lot of not. 

Not for the fanboys and collectors that gotta have it.

These special repro guitars are made for people with low self esteem and/or celebrity infatuation.  That's why they sell for so much.  There's something missing from these peoples' character that makes them want to purchase an exclusive, if imaginary, connection with the celebrety or his ability, without paying any of the dues.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

He got a COA, too, the lucky stiff.

Wonder if they threw in 4 sets of Free Strings or a Gibson Beanie?

No, just a dinner with a guy from Metallica who thinks at his age he is still pulling off rocking long hair and a man-perm.

Hey wanna see my Strat shaped guitar with Bela Lugosi as Dracula painted on it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 2 weeks later...