Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for information on 2 cases one is marked Gibson other is not I think it is not 100%

Perry79

Good morning all I am a buyer of unsuall items came across a pair of guitar cases. One is marked Gibson with the beautiful maroon red interior. The other is I do believe a Gibson but not marked the texture is like a lizard skin not a gator. It is dark blue inside. I would like to know what years these were made and what beautiful guitars that would go inside of them. I thank you in advance

Perry79

IMG-8602.jpg

IMG-8606.jpg

IMG-8627.jpg

IMG-8619.jpg

25 minutes ago, jvi said:

cant you people answer a new person question with respect ?  1 did.

And like that Forum Mounted Police Officer JVC with his trusty horse named J-45, springs into action to monitor the forum of all it’s wrong doing. 
I assured him it was not unusual to have a guitar case, just in case, get it, he was feeling weird about it. He will not need years of therapy cause he purchased guitar cases. I purchase them, but guitars usually come in them, but to each his own.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 hours ago, slimt said:

The bottom one looks like a Guild case.  

the top one looks like a 1970s.     

some mid 60s into the 70s had a yellow /gold lining.  The red interior could very well be into the 80s. 

Thank you for your help is Guild a guitar I do not know much about guitars thank you for your help

Thank you for the help I am new to guitars I appreciate the help from the people who are trying to help me

Thank you again

Perry79

12 minutes ago, Perry79 said:

Hello Thank you for your help tone case is that a kind of gibson guitar? I do not have any knowlege of guitars Thank you again

I think Sparky was being a wise acre. Tone is the thing all us guitarists are chasing. Cases have no tone. They are transportation and protection devices.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

The top case looks EXACTLY like the one I have for my 1979 Dove, (only more beat-up).

I agree...the bottom case looks like for another brand of guitar.

Thank you for your help so just one Gibson case and the other is not.. Thank you again Perry79

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think Sparky was being a wise acre. Tone is the thing all us guitarists are chasing. Cases have no tone. They are transportation and protection devices.

I am being a wiseacre about 90 percent of the time. 

The other 10 percent is pure, golden, high quality guitar and case advice. 

🙂

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’m at 120%. You got work to do.

It's tough to know which milestone I should be trying to achieve. 

I would like to become a 3rd Degree Black Belt Wiseacre, but I don't want it to detract from my efforts to become:

* A world-class smart-a$$

* Major League dique-head

and,
* All around pain in the arse. 

It's complicated.
I guess that's what I am saying. 
😗

Edited by sparquelito

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

It's tough to know which milestone I should be trying to achieve. 

I would like to become a 3rd Degree Black Belt Wiseacre, but I don't want it to detract from my efforts to become:

* A world-class smart-a$$

* Major League dique-head

and,
* All around pain in the arse. 

It's complicated.
I guess that's what I am saying. 
😗

Go for Baroque and attain them all.

• Like 1