Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone used a "Stereo Chorus" peddle through 2 amps?

Sheepdog1969

I have a Behringer Ultra Chorus UC200 with two outputs, that claims to be "stereo" when out A and out B are connected to two independent amps. (I assume other Chorus peddles from other makers, as well as other effect peddles, have this option.) In a few days I will be receiving a new amp that is just a larger and more powerful version of my practice amp, and it will provide me the ability to run said "Stereo" Chorus through 2 nearly identical amps (save for the speaker size and amps).  Since each of my amps were quite different, (until my new purchase), I never thought trying to "pair" two of them to try out the "stereo" option would produce realistic results. Wonder if I should bother trying this out when my new amp arrives? I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this out.    

Stereo Out is an awesome feature. 
If you plan to use the UC200 in your pedal effects board, make sure it is the last item in your signal chain. 

For years I used an old Digitech multi-effects pedal with Stereo Out to a small Fender amp and my Marshall. 
Big, fat, wide stereo sound. 
Can't beat it.  

My current pedal effects end with a Dual (Dry/Effects) Out from my Electroharmonix Mel9. 
One cable goes to a nice Crate tube amp on clean settings, and the other to a Peavey acoustic guitar amp, also clean and neutral. 

I doubt that it's true stereo at this point, but it sure sounds wide and great. 

🙂

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Stereo Out is an awesome feature. 
If you plan to use the UC200 in your pedal effects board, make sure it is the last item in your signal chain. 

My pedal effects end with a Stereo Out from my Electroharmonix Mel9. 
One cable goes to a nice Crate tube amp on clean settings, and the other to a Peavey acoustic guitar amp, also clean and neutral. 

Big, fat, wide stereo sound. 
Can't beat it.  

🙂

Thanks! Can't wait for my new amp to come in so I can try this out. I assume that this is not like "splitting" the guitar output signal, (creating two identical channels), but actually creating two channels that allow the Chorus to "phase/modulate" the effect (chorus) between the two channels, (back and forth, or otherwise). Obviously not a complete level sweep/pan between the two, but more like slight channel differences/variances (based on the peddle settings), that make each channel "unique", thus creating a "stereo sound field".  Am I correct in understanding this?   

10 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Yes I have used a stereo chorus through 2 amps and (depending on the chorus) it sounds amazing.

MXR M-134 chorus, Ibanez DCF-10 or CSL, Boss CS series - all sound great IMO.

Thanks. I just "replied to" sparquelito" with a sound field question. I would love your take/knowledge about said.

2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Stereo rigs are fun - at home.  For recording maybe.  Or just living room jamming where you can place yourself in the sweet spot.  Personally I don't see any advantage at a gig.  There will probably be only a handful of people in the room who get the stereo effect and the rest either hear all left or all right.   

I’ve used Chorus & it’s pretty cool & I agree with what you’re saying but the Keeley 30ms Double Tracker takes it to a whole new level.. Everyone can hear it from anywhere in the Room… That said, it became a lot of hassle hauling 2 Amps.. I primarily use it for Recording in my Studio…

I used to like using multichannel stereo amps that had effects that put out a stereo signal to the cabinets, usually with 4 Pre-Amps and a really good sounding built in Chorus/Delay setting. Although the sound guy would tend to mic one speaker, so he either needed to use two mics on my stereo cabs or place a mic between two of the speakers.

W8bHSIs.jpg

Currently I do like to use two matching amps and run Delay on one side and Chorus on the other.

NixEiw6.jpg

I have  been temped to run a stereo chorus on them.

When I was using my Micro Cubes in the back corner I liked to set the effects slightly different on each amp.

Edited by mihcmac