Gibson Brands Forums

Looking forward Gibson Super Dove

Rms126

Hello everyone! I’m looking for a Gibson Super Dove for sale. The larger super dove, specifically, not the standard dove. I have been looking around online but haven’t had any luck. Willing to travel to purchase. Located in Florida. Please let me know if you know of anyone willing to sell me one. Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, J185cat said:

Not familiar with the Super Dove model. What are the differences?

They are a larger body style and have a cut away. 

2 hours ago, slimt said:

Those were out some time ago.     There is one on Reverb.com     They came in burst and Natural finishes.  

Yeah, I believe they only were made 2010-2011. I saw the one on reverb, however it is shipping from France. I was really hoping to find one stateside as I don’t want to ship it if at all possible. 

1 minute ago, Rms126 said:

I appreciate the help. I’ve been looking for a good bit and had no luck as of yet. Thank you though!!

You know those have a big square volume tone panel on the side.     There also a tad thinner than your traditional Dove or Jumbo acoustic. 

Can't help but wonder if the tops on these are at all limited by the massive bridge.  It would be an interesting experiment to record it as is, and then replace that giant bridge with a simple vintage rectangular style and see if there is a noticeable difference.

"I know there is a super Mart dread, but a ditto Dove, , !?" , , was my first thought.

Then it dawned that I played one of these in London over 10 years ago.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            It was a guitar I just wanted to try without special expectations. However it was remarkable  > impressing <

I just want to say that I appreciate each one you for your help! I ended up purchasing  one on reverb, shipping from Paris as I type this! I am beyond excited. 

I have searched and searched. Additionally, I called nearly 50 guitar stores across the country trying to find one stateside with no luck. To say these are hard to find is an understatement. 

When it arrives, I will be sure to post some pictures and provide a review if you all would be interested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:55 PM, Rms126 said:

I just want to say that I appreciate each one you for your help! I ended up purchasing  one on reverb, shipping from Paris as I type this! I am beyond excited. 

I have searched and searched. Additionally, I called nearly 50 guitar stores across the country trying to find one stateside with no luck. To say these are hard to find is an understatement. 

When it arrives, I will be sure to post some pictures and provide a review if you all would be interested. 

I’d be very interested to read your review! A video would be great too if you get a chance to grab one!