Gibson Brands Forums

GAS is back

Rabs

I’ll send you any good plans or info I find. Ya know a 336 in this sparking rose finish with the custom style purfling and everything would be quite nice

i remember the blue build! I think I might do a thinline Tele style body to dip my toes in. Maybe a hog back with spruce top and Martin style purfling or something kinda unique

• Like 1

If anyone was wondering.. I was gonna start this week but the workshop is all booked up.. So I have now booked well ahead of time and will be going in on the 11th..  So.. You can expect, most likely, probably an update on that evening  🙂  

Which is ok as I am still waiting for stuff for this build anyways. I should have it all well by then..

[thumbup]

Another sneak preview..  The headstock design..  Until now I have been using decals for my RabsWood logo..  But for this special build I have something special planned and it will be in gold Mother of Pearl...  A bit more classy than my usual dont you think  🙂

4GlrUOZ.jpg

• Like 1

I don't wanna get ahead of you but, gold MOP inlay prompts a few Qs.

Is the hardware going to be gold plate? Pup covers, keys, etc.....

And if so, courious your choice of board material. All that decadency (which I love) smacks of ebony.

------

Edit,

Gawd this is gonna be a great build

Edited by CROWB8

1 hour ago, CROWB8 said:

I don't wanna get ahead of you but, gold MOP inlay prompts a few Qs.

Is the hardware going to be gold plate? Pup covers, keys, etc.....

And if so, courious your choice of board material. All that decadency (which I love) smacks of ebony.

------

Edit,

Gawd this is gonna be a great build

Yup too all.. This is going to be the closest thing to a proper copy I think I will ever do....  

I totted it all up last night how much this is going to cost I spent about £50 just on binding...

So yes..  Ebony board with block white MOP inlays, Gold MOP for the headstock inlays, custom made Nitro paint in that metallic red/pinky colour, 7 ply binding for the body, 5 ply for the headstock, gold hardware and yes, im even going to do NIBS...

So far we are talking about £700 worth of materials...   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yup too all.. This is going to be the closest thing to a proper copy I think I will ever do....  

I totted it all up last night how much this is going to cost I spent about £50 just on binding...

So yes..  Ebony board with block white MOP inlays, Gold MOP for the headstock inlays, custom made Nitro paint in that metallic red/pinky colour, 7 ply binding for the body, 5 ply for the headstock, gold hardware and yes, im even going to do NIBS...

Your Guitar Build should be it’s own Thread… It’s always interesting to watch Builds from beginning to completion… 

Edited by Larsongs

12 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Your Guitar Build should be it’s own Thread… It’s always interesting to watch Builds from beginning to completion… 

I will start a new thread when I start making it which will be next Tuesday..  This is just the trailer as someone else put it 🙂 

6 hours ago, Rabs said:

Spoiler for me would be your choice of tuners. Don't you dare sir! My elbows are bloody from squirming in my arm chair holding my popcorn and root beer.

Wilkinson Historics? Ivory tulips? Or...... No! Don't tell.

Me mind is racing with anticipation.

giphy.gif

Edited by CROWB8
  • Haha 1

Ok.. This starts tomorrow. Not looking forward to getting up early (well, early for me) but am really looking forward to getting this build going..  The inlay stuff hasnt arrived yet but we have just had two days off over Easter so it may be that. But even if it turns up tomorrow I wont be in so.. I will get a good start on the body. Hopefully by the end of the day I will have the top and back glued and the neck roughly shaped.. I also have a few old builds to work on while I say, wait for the two piece body to glue etc... 

So yeah.  Tomorrow night I will do a new thread and we will see what happens  😄  

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 4:54 AM, Rabs said:

Another sneak preview..  The headstock design..  Until now I have been using decals for my RabsWood logo..  But for this special build I have something special planned and it will be in gold Mother of Pearl...  A bit more classy than my usual dont you think  🙂

4GlrUOZ.jpg

Looks awesome! 

On 4/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, Rabs said:

..... oh man! [omg] [thumbup] [omg] 👍