Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson!

vch08

Hey guys. My name is Vasilis, and I've been reading this forum for a while, but haven't posted very often. I just want to thank you guys for all of the great information and stories, and share a picture of my first gibson with you guys (I'm having trouble putting her down, and have seriously considered skipping the rest of my classes today to play). I'll post some good pictures when I get a chance; unfortunately I have an essay to write and Crime and Punishment to read. I've only been playing guitar for a few months, but I'm learning quickly, and hope that I can one day be worthy of this guitar and share some great stories like you guys have.

enjoy!

Photo43.jpg

PS I know you guys like knowing the first song played on a new guitar. Mine was Spin by Lifehouse; please check it out if you've never heard it before!

Nice guitar, young man! Those "washed" sunburst finishes look very good. You printed the photo backwards......I'm sure you're not a lefty.......or maybe you shot the picture in a mirror? Nah!

ps..........don't skip your classes - you may need the info later in life!

Congrat's Vasilis. What I'd give to be in your shoes. If I'd had a guitar in college, maybe I woulda left the "other" things be. Here I am at 44, just starting out with guitar and putting $$ back to buy my first Gibson. Give school and your new guitar your best shot -- you only go around once.

Congratulations, Vasilis. Beautiful guitar. I have one just like it, just over a year old now. I know what you mean about not being able to put it down.

But don't skip class, do write that essay, and do read that book. Oh, and be sure to change your underwear since you never know when you might be in accident, put on a coat when it's cold outside, and please, please, whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do no run with scissors.

Way to jump in with both feet! Lovely Bird you have there. Ahhhh I remember my first Gibson... (My Advanced Jumbo) not the first I had played, but the first I could call my own. It is a nice feeling. I have gone from having two Taylors and a Gibson to Two Gibsons and a Taylor... (Note to self... rethink forum login name...)

Congrat's Vasilis. What I'd give to be in your shoes. If I'd had a guitar in college' date=' maybe I woulda left the "other" things be. Here I am at 44, just starting out with guitar and putting $$ back to buy my first Gibson. Give school and your new guitar your best shot -- you only go around once. [/quote']

Its alright I have been taking lessons for about a year and a half and Im 45. I got my first Gibson a couple months ago. When I was in college I didnt have enough money to eat let alone get a gibson so your doing alright. Good luck.

Archived