Gibson Brands Forums

Sleeping Beauty

philfish

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Little Feat said:

Why do you send your J-45 for a time out every year?  Play it, its what its made for.

It is funny enough. But maybe it's because he knows that the lifetime warrantee does not cover environmental conditions that are controllable by the owner which could cause damage to a guitar. Mountainous areas, such as the Appalachians or the Rockies can have crazy swings in temperature and humidity. The current humidity in Colorado Springs is currently 14 %.- not good for acoustic guitars. And the expense to maintain a comfy environment for acoustics is considerable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Walter_Freeman said:

Did you have such a tradition? Do you wake your guitar near the Appalachians every year?

Ever since I moved back to this area 20 years ago

Before that I would have said " On the barrier islands of Virginia's Eastern Shore"

5 hours ago, Little Feat said:

Why do you send your J-45 for a time out every year?  Play it, its what its made for.

Humidity concerns, I can control levels when the guitar is cased I like to leave a guitar on a stand in my home office and don't case it. 

In the winter I have the Epi on the stand, being a laminate back and sides I believe it can tolerate the lower humidity better 

The Epi was made to be played also, and the Guild ......... 

On 4/21/2023 at 10:09 PM, 62burst said:

It is funny enough. But maybe it's because he knows that the lifetime warrantee does not cover environmental conditions that are controllable by the owner which could cause damage to a guitar. Mountainous areas, such as the Appalachians or the Rockies can have crazy swings in temperature and humidity. The current humidity in Colorado Springs is currently 14 %.- not good for acoustic guitars. And the expense to maintain a comfy environment for acoustics is considerable.

Says it all - but it's still one h... of a dilemma.