Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 2018 J-35

sbpark

Congrats! Love my ‘16 J-35. Over the years I’ve owned two very good J-45s, but I’d take the J-35 over them any day of the week. I think they are very versatile guitars, more so than the J-45. Others my feel differently, of course.

My only beef is aesthetic. As cool as a banner headstock is, I wish Gibson had just used the historically accurate old white script logo.

Cool!

The bracing however, is not forward shifted.  That is a Martin thing,  It does have whqt Bozmean calls its AJ style bracing which has a wider angle than for lack of a better designation their standard bracing.  So, your J35 shares a bracing footprint with the AJ, J45 TV and other models.

5 hours ago, sbpark said:

I could care less about the headstock! Still looks great to me and doesn't affect the sound, and separates these and makes them easy to identify what era they are from compared to other J-35 versions. 

Nobody’s going to confuse the J-35 reissues with the original deal from the ‘30s….