Gibson Brands Forums

CD Player for new Truck?

Larsongs

20 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I’ve bought 2 USB CD Players that are supposed to be compatible with Apple Play for my 2021 Silverado… Neither would adapt & I returned them..

This is a new one.. I’m going to order it & give it a try.. 

https://www.amazon.com/Player-2016-2022-Compatible-Chevrolet-Silverado/dp/B0B4KQL9CJ

That truck has to be able to sync with blue tooth devices. My 2013 Honda can.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That truck has to be able to sync with blue tooth devices. My 2013 Honda can.

Of course. But, that is something else.. I can do MP3’s all day long.. I also want to listen to WAV File Format. Which I might be able to by downloading some Apps to my phone that will play WAV Files.. It’s a hassle to do.. Especially when i could easily burn a CD in a minute & go.. 

Does your Honda have Apple Car Play & Sirius Radio? And all the other Software, Apps etc. that give the Auto manufacturers kickbacks that equip all New Vehicles with their proprietary technology… That require Pay Subscriptions.. 2021 they started eliminating CD Players.. 2023 almost no Manufacturers make them available…. 

They don’t make Royalties installing CD Players.. They don’t want to put them in new Vehicles anymore..

Edited by Larsongs

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

Of course. But, that is something else.. I can do MP3’s all day long.. I also want to listen to WAV File Format. Which I might be able to by downloading some Apps to my phone that will play WAV Files.. It’s a hassle to do.. Especially when i could easily burn a CD in a minute & go.. 

Does your Honda have Apple Car Play & Sirius Radio? And all the other Software, Apps etc. that give the Auto manufacturers kickbacks that equip all New Vehicles with their proprietary technology… That require Pay Subscriptions.. 2021 they started eliminating CD Players.. 2023 almost no Manufacturers make them available…. 

They don’t make Royalties installing CD Players.. They don’t want to put them in new Vehicles anymore..

Do you think that CDs accounting for only 2.6% of music sales may have something to do with it?  Maybe?  If you sell a million records and only 26,000 are CDs, are you going to much care about how those 26,000 people play them?

rct

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I do to, but I still have over 1000 LP’s. No need to throw out the baby with the bath water.

You can get an early 1960s Lincoln that has a record player that folds out of the dash!

• Like 1

I  can touch the selector for blue tooth in the car, and my phone is synced. It takes one time the first time to sync it. I yell at my phone to play music and it does. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I  can touch the selector for blue tooth and my phone is synced. It takes one time the first time to sync it. I yell at my phone to play music and it does. 

Do you yell a lot? I have a feeling you might😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you yell a lot? I have a feeling you might😄

Only when necessary. Sometimes it plays the live version and I have to yell louder to play the studio version I really want to hear.

4 hours ago, rct said:

Do you think that CDs accounting for only 2.6% of music sales may have something to do with it?  Maybe?  If you sell a million records and only 26,000 are CDs, are you going to much care about how those 26,000 people play them?

rct

They are making Vinyl & CD’s for those who want them.. Some People want the highest Fidelity possible.. That definitely isn’t MP’3’s..

They are making Vinyl & CD’s for those who want them.. Some People want the highest Fidelity possible.. That definitely isn’t MP’3’s..

Some guitarist use solid state amps. Transistors, diodes, and FET’s. Thanks Bell Laboratories for inventing the transistor. NPN and PNP. Used to make my brain hurt learning transistor theory. So your telling me that little piece of sand can do what? Get the hell out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Some guitarist use solid state amps. Transistors, diodes, and FET’s. Thanks Bell Laboratories for inventing the transistor. NPN and PNP. Used to make my brain hurt learning transistor theory. So you’re telling me that little piece of sand can do what? Get the hell out.

L most all Solid State Amps hurt my Ears….. And I can hear the difference between WAV & MP3’s..

There’s a massive noticeable difference between MP3 and better formats but why would you use MP3 anyways? I don’t have any players or streaming service that use MP3 by default

The stereo in your truck is going to use the cheapest class d amp chip that could get the job done. All the most high fidelity amps used at the sound source in high end consoles etc are solid state. 

5 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

There’s a massive noticeable difference between MP3 and better formats but why would you use MP3 anyways? I don’t have any players or streaming service that use MP3 by default

The stereo in your truck is going to use the cheapest class d amp chip that could get the job done. All the most high fidelity amps used at the sound source in high end consoles etc are solid state. 

I'm not sure that's completely true.. But, you might be right about them all being SS.. But, varying degrees of Quality components.. You've inspired me to investigate...

But, WAV format does sound better than MP3.. Regardless SS or Tube Sound System..

Good answer.. The Industry Standard.. But, Logic Pro X is right there with  Pro Tools.. I work in both..

The people buying your music don't care what DAW you used, how many hertz you recorded it at, nor how you monitored the playback for mixing purposes.  They don't know mp3 from wav from 45rpm.  It sounds good or it doesn't, they like it or they don't.  They have a vast universe of music to buy that didn't require a pickup truck CD player to get mixed well.

rct

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, rct said:

The people buying your music don't care what DAW you used, how many hertz you recorded it at, nor how you monitored the playback for mixing purposes.  They don't know mp3 from wav from 45rpm.  It sounds good or it doesn't, they like it or they don't.  They have a vast universe of music to buy that didn't require a pickup truck CD player to get mixed well.

rct

Sounding good is the goal.. Mastering Studios like world renowned mega Hit mastering facility Bernie Grundman Mastering uses unbelievable Gear for Mastering.. One Monitor can cost $100,000.00… They buy all the Best Gear. Then they reverse engineer it & build it better.. They use better than the best of the best Gear.. Then hire the best of the best Mastering People.. That’s what we’re competing against.. 

Mixing is only part of a finished Product.. Mastering is the next to the final step in the process…  The final step is, does the Master sound good on every kind of System the end user will listen on..

It needs to sound great everywhere.. Your phone, Spotify, ITunes, your Car’s CD Player, your Computer & your Turntable Sound System....

If you think just getting a good Mix in your Studio will provide that, you must have a Studio like Bernie Grundman… I don’t.. So I have to work with the next best things to get as close as possible to a competitive finished Product. Hopefully.. So, I listen on expensive Monitors, mid priced Monitors, Cheap Monitors, my Computers Speakers & CD’s in my Car.. When my Mixes sound good on all of them I usually have a good Mix that will translate great anywhere…

It works for me….

Edited by Larsongs

3 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Sounding good is the goal.. Mastering Studios like world renowned mega Hit mastering facility Bernie Grundman Mastering uses unbelievable Gear for Mastering.. One Monitor can cost $100,000.00… They buy all the Best Gear. Then they reverse engineer it & build it better.. They use better than the best of the best Gear.. Then hire the best of the best Mastering People.. That’s what we’re competing against.. 

Mixing is only part of a finished Product.. Mastering is the next to the final step in the process…  The final step is, does the Master sound good on every kind of System the end user will listen on..

It needs to sound great everywhere.. Your phone, Spotify, ITunes, your Car’s CD Player, your Computer & your Turntable Sound System....

If you think just getting a good Mix in your Studio will provide that, you must have a Studio like Bernie Grundman… I don’t.. So I have to work with the next best things to get as close as possible to a competitive finished Product. Hopefully.. So, I listen on expensive Monitors, mid priced Monitors, Cheap Monitors, my Computers Speakers & CD’s in my Car.. When my Mixes sound good on all of them I usually have a good Mix that will translate great anywhere…

It works for me….

Dude.  Try to focus.

You don't have the market cornered on getting music out to a mastering house.  You aren't the only guy in your town probably that is checking mixes on various systems/speaker types.

I've got six pairs of monitors and two subs.  I also use two junk stage monitors that the band doesn't use any longer, and yeah, they are good to listen to a mix through.  That's all just in the room for me.

I know all about this stuff, same as you.  This all started because you are screaming at the sky about no cd players in cars. 

From you: phone, Spotify, iTunes, car CD Player, Computer, Turntable sound system.  That's from you.  CD IS 2.6% OF MUSIC SALES.  You want to check mixes on a system you can't get, the car CD player.  So you can't get one to check mixes on so you can make sure that EVERYONE ELSE THAT CAN'T GET ONE gets a good mix.  Do I have that right?

YOU DON'T NEED A FRIGGIN CD PLAYER TO PLAY MUSIC ON CAR STEREO SPEAKERS.  Period.  That's the thread. 

Holy crap.

Do you put your band videos on High Def Beta Max and watch them on the Quasar black & white 13"?

rct

I apologize for not being able to communicate my question in an understandable way…

I want a CD Player in my 2021 Chevy Pickup.. I don’t need a reason. I want one. I want to know how to get it done..

Chevy Dealers & the General Motors don’t know. Local Car Stereo installers don’t know. Nobody seems to know how?

Yet they are advertised for sale on the Internet & there are YouTubes showing how to do it.. I bought 2. Neither would work..

If you don’t know the answer, that’s fine.. 

27 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I apologize for not being able to communicate my question in an understandable way…

I want a CD Player in my 2021 Chevy Pickup.. I don’t need a reason. I want one. I want to know how to get it done..

Chevy Dealers & the General Motors don’t know. Local Car Stereo installers don’t know. Nobody seems to know how?

Yet they are advertised for sale on the Internet & there are YouTubes showing how to do it.. I bought 2. Neither would work..

If you don’t know the answer, that’s fine.. 

Well that's different.

I only did it one time, I put a cd player in one of our Crown Vics, the 2001.  Truly, it sucked.  I should have never done it myself but there it is.  In those days anyone would put them in, not like today.  I wouldn't even know where to go to do that.

Good luck with it.  And don't worry about your music.  You know enough to get the mixes pretty dang good without the cd player.

rct