Gibson Brands Forums

Light bulbs

sparquelito

How long do your new LED light bulbs last, on average?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. One answer per customer, please.

• They fail more often than the old incandescent bulbs
    • They fail just as often as the old incandescent bulbs
    • They last months longer than the old incandescent bulbs
    • They keep working twice or thrice as long as the old incandescent bulbs

On 8/24/2023 at 10:26 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I learned how to make pizza dough years ago and make my own. Its easy. I f-ed up a lot of dough before I got it down.

My mom used to make her own pizza dough. She'd let it rise on the front porch, in the sun, covered with towels.

She bought stewed tomatoes, and strained them to make the pizza sauce, then added the spices.

Only whole milk mozzarella cheese would do, part-skim was blasphemy.

She was a stay-at-home mom and was proud of that.

I don't think there are that many housewives today. It takes two incomes just to pay the rent.

Ā 

Notes ā™«

4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

My mom used to make her own pizza dough. She'd let it rise on the front porch, in the sun, covered with towels.

She bought stewed tomatoes, and strained them to make the pizza sauce, then added the spices.

Only whole milk mozzarella cheese would do, part-skim was blasphemy.

She was a stay-at-home mom and was proud of that.

I don't think there are that many housewives today. It takes two incomes just to pay the rent.

Ā 

Notes ā™«

I learned to make my own dough. It took a while to get it right. But once I did, Iā€™d rather eat pizza I make than pay for it.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 11:21 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Believe it or not the front loaders are harder to undo. But more gratifiying, cause bam, there they are.

Even though I find the "front loaders" easier to operate, I like them for a few reasons.

1. Regardless of how efficient/inefficient you are, your hand(s) are already "in the mix" during the process. (Efficiency may actually be a negative in this case)

2. The mere existence of "front loaders" means that I ALWAYS assume her under-garment is "front loading", and "check" to confirm that fastener location FIRST. (thus writing off predictable hand "contact" as necessary operational procedures and/or braille method hardware location identification protocols)

"Just being pragmatic ma'am."