Gibson Brands Forums

2008 classic antique

gerv

Hello everyone, I am an acoustic player who doesn t know anything about electric guitars. I am selling a Larrivée L09 and someone offered me to trade for a 2008 gibson les paul classic antique, I need your help to know how good is that guitar and how much I could be reselling it and how easy it would ve to sell. Thank you for your precious help.

Edited by gerv

My Larrivée is not pristine but a good++.  If the classic antique is not a sought after guitar in the Les paul fans I am not gona trade it for. Thank you for the responses. You were helpful and this is why I love forums with real knowlegeable people.

• Like 1

gerv,

There are people on here with a lot more experience with that year and model of Les Paul.

Please allow them to respond before you make any hard decisions.

I'm just going off of Blue Book values of your guitar versus the Blue Book and Reverb prices on that year and model of Les Paul.
Your guitar is much more valuable, in all likelihood.

I don't want to see you taking a bath on such a deal is all.

🤔

Hi gerv,

as you said you are new to electrics, its worth noting that there are a significant number of fake Les Paul's of oriental origin out there, and you will unlikely be able to tell the difference at first sight - unless its dirt cheap which is a bit of a telltale - reputable dealers might be a good place to consider.  [thumbup]

I have read a ton on les paul in the last 2 days but can t seem to find the exact model of this guitar. The guy says it was guitar of the month in 2006 but was buit in 2008. I know that Gibson made those 47 guitar of the week in 2007 and that the classic antique were made in 2007-2008. I tought that the classic antique were made from the model of these gotw from 2007 but I looked at all the gotw from 2007 and the only one with an antique burst ( wich is what the guitar offered to me is) is a les paul standard (#34) and not a classic. Than I search for those 2006 gotm and I find no information except for the fact that Gibson made in 2008 thise guitar of the month. What I found in my research doesn t add up with what the guy told me.

Screenshot_20230820-192445.jpg

Screenshot_20230820-192457.jpg

Ok thank you all, I sell my Larrivée only to finance me to build other guitars. I already built 4 acoustics and don t want to take money out of my pocket to continue building. With the money I could buy wood and gear to build 3 more that I will try selling to get the wheel turning. I would have traded only if I was sure that the Les Paul would have been easier to sell then the Larrivée. Not a lot of people know how great of a guitar is a Larrivée and people seem to be scared to pay 2000+ bucks if it s not a Martin or Gibson or the more well known big factory guitars out there. I am posting a picture of my first ever build for you guys who love Gibson s guitar. Sj-200 with cherry back and sides, adirondack top, flamed maple neck, bone nut and saddle, ebony fingerboard and bridge ( wich is made by hand), bloodwood bindings, mother of pearl inlays and my mammouth logo made from actual mammoth s tusk.20210908_144001.thumb.jpg.410a0cdbf709ce08923590d34850bcee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gerv said:

Ok thank you all, I sell my Larrivée only to finance me to build other guitars. I already built 4 acoustics and don t want to take money out of my pocket to continue building. With the money I could buy wood and gear to build 3 more that I will try selling to get the wheel turning. I would have traded only if I was sure that the Les Paul would have been easier to sell then the Larrivée. Not a lot of people know how great of a guitar is a Larrivée and people seem to be scared to pay 2000+ bucks if it s not a Martin or Gibson or the more well known big factory guitars out there. I am posting a picture of my first ever build for you guys who love Gibson s guitar. Sj-200 with cherry back and sides, adirondack top, flamed maple neck, bone nut and saddle, ebony fingerboard and bridge ( wich is made by hand), bloodwood bindings, mother of pearl inlays and my mammouth logo made from actual mammoth s tusk.20210908_144001.thumb.jpg.410a0cdbf709ce08923590d34850bcee.jpg

I’ve seen that headstock somewhere, but where . . . ?