Gibson Brands Forums

my guitar is faker?

peter J

Can you provide more info than your original post ?    

Did you buy it new in 2014 at a reputable dealer, one that is an 'authorized' Gibson dealer?   Does it have matching s/n's  ?  Imprinted on the back of the headstock and on the label in the sound hole?  Did you get a 'Gibson' hardcore with the Certificate of Authenticity and listing of specifications ? When you say 'different',   what do you mean?   Pickguard,  neck inlays. coloring of guitar face?  tone wood different?  Three screws in the Truss Rod Cover. Yes, a picture or two would help.  And, when you say 'different from the others'  what are you comparing yours to?  Photos of guitars on the internet?   One(s)  you have seen in person? 

Here's the  DiF  from Gibson's site currently.  Where is yours different from this one?

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Acoustic-Guitar/ACC46V941/Antique-Natural

Out of curiosity -  I looked at your other 3 posts on this site.  You asked the same question in the Gibson Custom sub-forum 2 1/2 years ago and posted pics.  Seemed you got satisfactory answers back then.  Photos seem to show a legitimate, authentic Gibson DiF.     What has changed to cause you to raise the issue again ?   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Out of curiosity -  I looked at your other 3 posts on this site.  You asked the same question in the Gibson Custom sub-forum 2 1/2 years ago and posted pics.  Seemed you got satisfactory answers back then.  Photos seem to show a legitimate, authentic Gibson DiF.     What has changed to cause you to raise the issue again ?   

Has Gibson removed Ren's initials in the straw on the pickguard?   He left in 2012.

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Can you provide more info than your original post ?    

Did you buy it new in 2014 at a reputable dealer, one that is an 'authorized' Gibson dealer?   Does it have matching s/n's  ?  Imprinted on the back of the headstock and on the label in the sound hole?  Did you get a 'Gibson' hardcore with the Certificate of Authenticity and listing of specifications ? When you say 'different',   what do you mean?   Pickguard,  neck inlays. coloring of guitar face?  tone wood different?  Three screws in the Truss Rod Cover. Yes, a picture or two would help.  And, when you say 'different from the others'  what are you comparing yours to?  Photos of guitars on the internet?   One(s)  you have seen in person? 

Here's the  DiF  from Gibson's site currently.  Where is yours different from this one?

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Acoustic-Guitar/ACC46V941/Antique-Natural

the back pattern,picture is oversize,i do not know how to releaze the memory now.

5 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I'd like to see a pic of the guitar just 'cause I like looking at them!

Okay, while we wait for Pete to get his posted right, here’s the back of mine, (just cause it’s purty) ☺️

IMG_3234.jpeg

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

But you posted the pic wrong in the same exact way 😄

Ack, I don’t get what I’m doing wrong? Are we talking the resolution being blurry, or is it not showing up? I can see the image, but the file size is so small there is no detail.  I tried replacing the old one that looked super saturated and glarey.  Is that better? I tried the messenger trick Danville mentioned, but I can’t just “drag”. I’’m on a tablet.  

Edited by PrairieDog

3 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Ack, I don’t get what I’m doing wrong? Are we talking the resolution being blurry, or is it not showing up? I can see the image, but the file size is so small there is no detail.  I tried replacing the old one that looked super saturated and glarey.  Is that better? I tried the messenger trick Danville mentioned, but I can’t just “drag”. I’’m on a tablet.  

Yeah, you’re right….I never tried to post photos using a tablet.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gibson29 said:

Peter, throw a picture up of yours.

9 hours ago, Murph said:

You mean the guitar, right?

It's all about punctuation on that one.

8 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

. . . Did you get a 'Gibson' hardcore with the Certificate of Authenticity and listing of specifications ?

Gotta watch for that pesky autofill on our devices, these days.

• Haha 1

just my opinion - Unless it's the blurriness of the pictures, it looks fake. The doves should show more details. They look more like turtles. Again, maybe it's the quality of the pictures. Here's some pics of mine showing details. That first fret, 15th and 17th is really telling.

Gibson DIF

DIF 2

DIF 2

Edited by Dave F