Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Accessories and Fun Stuff?

Ignatius

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look what I found. This guy is making his own T-shirts with Gibson logos' date=' guitars, etc. Can he do that (legally)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370023075221&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting[/quote']

Uh, oh, Karen, you spilled the beans!

That poor guy is going to come home from work to the sight of the Gibson Corporate Unmarked Black Helicopters hovering overhead, trial lawyers rappelling onto his roof! =D>

Not much in general merchandizing at the Memphis Retail Store. They were selling the usual jean jacket with a simple white logo for $75, a black skull T shirt, LP blue tee, and a worn looking olive long sleeves tee for $45. Wasn't interested in getting any, but had my usual orgasmic look at all the gibbies hanging there!

Near by Sun studios had a nice jean jacket with their fancy gold logo for $100...I might get one...but already got too many Sun and Gibby jean jackets...however, I am still waiting for the Gibson/Z4...lol.

Look what I found. This guy is making his own T-shirts with Gibson logos' date=' guitars, etc. Can he do that (legally)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370023075221&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting[/quote']

Fake illegal stuff...Gibson's is more expensive at $28/tee shirt, and looks a better. Gibson Legal should write a cease letter or a threat to sue to the jerk.

Uh' date=' oh, Karen, you spilled the beans!

That poor guy is going to come home from work to the sight of the Gibson Corporate Unmarked Black Helicopters hovering overhead, trial lawyers rappelling onto his roof! O:) [/quote']

Uh-oh, maybe he'll be making licence plates next! =D>

Well its time Gibson picked it up a notch or two.

They can see there is demand for their swag.

I remember I worked at the CNE in Toronto in 1980. Its a huge annual carnival event

that hires students for 2 weeks in August.

Alice Cooper was suppose to appear at the grandstand on a warm summer night.

Long story hort..He was ill ( Ya right ) and didnt show.

The place went nuts. Riots, property damage...total chaos.

Next day on the midway they were selling

"I survived the Alice Cooper Riot" T-shirts!!....do you see how fast this stuff hits the street?

Gibson.....why so long?

The merchandise offered at the Gibson store in Nashville is OK IMO, they need to have more selection and some modern t-shirts, with the athletic fit, soft fabric, etc. A lot of their stuff looks like the t-shirts you get after volunteering somewhere (no offense) I got a few of those. Gibson is a brand of excellent design and quality and they should continue that on their merchandise.

I go often as my wife loves shopping at Opry Mills and I simply split for the Gibson store but other than a couple of mugs and my baseball cap that I have had for 3 years nothing else has really caught my eye. Sure I want a t-shirt with the logo but with better quality fabric. I would love a t-shirt with an Explorer printed on it but no luck there.

I really hope Gibson follows (to some degree) what Fender has done with their merchandise.

• 1 month later...

Here is a heads up that may help someone out there. Kohl's Department store has a special on Rock T-shirts right now of 2 for $20. They have one with a huge renidition of a Les Paul and the Gibson Logo over a retro paisley design. The other has silhouettes of an Explorer, a Flying V and a Les Paul with a large Gibson logo. The silohouettes are made by lots of small Gibson logos. Hard to describe but they look good. I picked that one up. Gobs of Fender designs too but you can find them anywhere.

Here is a heads up that may help someone out there. Kohl's Department store has a special on Rock T-shirts right now of 2 for $20. They have one with a huge renidition of a Les Paul and the Gibson Logo over a retro paisley design. The other has silhouettes of an Explorer' date=' a Flying V and a Les Paul with a large Gibson logo. The silohouettes are made by lots of small Gibson logos. Hard to describe but they look good. I picked that one up. Gobs of Fender designs too but you can find them anywhere.[/quote']

*gets in car and heads to Kohls*

Here is a heads up that may help someone out there. Kohl's Department store has a special on Rock T-shirts right now of 2 for $20. They have one with a huge renidition of a Les Paul and the Gibson Logo over a retro paisley design. The other has silhouettes of an Explorer' date=' a Flying V and a Les Paul with a large Gibson logo. The silohouettes are made by lots of small Gibson logos. Hard to describe but they look good. I picked that one up. Gobs of Fender designs too but you can find them anywhere.[/quote']

*gets in car and heads to Kohls*

Here's the Gibson LP shirt my girlfriend bought from Kohls. This was the only Gibson shirt this particular Kohls had amongst dozens of Fender shirts lol...

Sorry about the pic quality... cell phone

1207436187.jpg

Here's the Gibson LP shirt my girlfriend bought from Kohls. This was the only Gibson shirt this particular Kohls had amongst dozens of Fender shirts lol...

Sorry about the pic quality... cell phone

1207436187.jpg

That's so funny. I was in Khols on Sunday with my wife and spied that LP shirt from across the store while waiting in line. I remembered this post from a few weeks ago, so I told my wife to wait in line and I'd be right back. I wanted to get a closer look and see if it was a Gibson shirt or just some generic guitar. I almost bought it but for some reason didn't, but when I got home I saw the exact same shirt here and showed my wife. Of course she said "See, I told you that you should have bought it" :)

Archived