Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Want Zappa's Studio Gear And Other Useless Stuff?

Sgt. Pepper

47 minutes ago, 10PoundLester said:

I don't think Stevie was there because of her great singing voice.

Personally, I think her music is not great. I don't care who you blew or what mega band you were in. Holding a tambourine and wearing strange stage clothes does not make you a great singer. I can name about 3 of her solo songs and about 5 of her FM ones.  Mister B was the talent in that band. Unless the job was to snort as much Coc as you could, then she and Mick would be in a close tie for first. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ever try listening to Live Peace In Toronto side 2 ? When John says "And Now Yoko Is Gonna Do Her Thing All Over You" he was not kidding. One album side of Yoko screeching like a cat is having small pieces cut off its body by a rusty Bowie knife.  One listen was 5 times too many. 

I don't recall. I don't think so. I listened to a few random songs and decided that was probably enough.

15 hours ago, Pinch said:

I'd already tried to find some redeeming qualities in Metallica's next to last album that week, so I figured I'd wasted enough time. So bad. So bad.

Anything after  . . .  And Justice, and whats the use?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I didn't look through the whole thing.  Is there a Sears poncho in the lot?

I like Yoko's music when she actually sings, not screeching like a wounded coyote.

I didn't see a Sears Poncho or any Zircon Encrusted Tweezers. Or a lighter to sterilize them.

I ended up dragging this Wiggy amp home after seeing it on Craigslist for way too long. It was supposedly designed in collaboration with Frank before he passed & then Dweezle  was said to help finish it. I guess the head is suppose to look like Franks Corvette dash. It’s an oddball for sure……..

mVjmPa3.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grog said:

I ended up dragging this Wiggy amp home after seeing it on Craigslist for way too long. It was supposedly designed in collaboration with Frank before he passed & then Dweezle  was said to help finish it. I guess the head is suppose to look like Franks Corvette dash. It’s an oddball for sure……..

mVjmPa3.jpg

Is that His Boy Elroy’s guitar amp?