Gibson Brands Forums

larryp58

Mine shows the hands of Rev. Gary Davis wrapped around his Miss Gibson. Does not mean anything other than I love Rev. Davis and Gibsons.

BTW' date=' I was at Woodstock. [/quote']

The real one (1969) , or the other one (the disaster) ? :-

Michael asked "Did I leave anything out?"

Well - I couldn't see the kitchen sink on that list.....

Though there were a few that puzzled me:

08" SJ200, Gibson, Burst, MC - what is an 8inch SJ200, maybe a very, very short scale.....

60' Melody Maker, Gibson, Burst - what is a 60 foot Melody Maker, must be hellish bigly.....

? 12 String Acoustic, Applause, Natural - what's in question, number of strings, or acousticness.....

94' Custom Balladier, Ovation, Natural - 94 foot, biggest bowl-back Ovation made.....

Then there's a whole string of stuff from the truly massive 90 foot Kickback to the (relatively) dinky little 3 foot Acoustic Bass, including some real puzzlers:

The Biggest Fender Rhodes - at 68 foot long, to the humungous 6 foot Pan flute (bet that takes some blowing) via some questionable Congas (debatable dances maybe) some Long Playing Bongoes (unless Les Paul made Bongoes.....). and an 8 foot Djembe. Man - I saw one that was about two foot across once, and that was one of the biggest - an 8footer must be deep, and a bit like slapping a trampoline.

Next Birthday party I have,

I may ask you to do the gig,

just to see the size truck that those giant instruments come in.

No marquee - we could have it under the Fender Rhodes!!!!!

Though you DO look seriously cool working that stage..... neat avatar.

Oh! My avatar.

<-------

She's my first love. Early Norlin Era, Jap built, FT145SB. After some neck surgery, new frets, saddle and nut, she sings a might purty. I've toyed with the idea of switchin' her out with something else, but... She gets jealous and when she gets jealous, she gets a might cantankerous.

Tone to die for.

This is a photo of myself busking while I was at college back in the early 80's. It was taken in a laneway just off Grafton Street here in Dublin. Beside me are a few college mates enjoying some lunch.

The money I earned then sure came in handy!

www.myspace.com/brendevereux

www.brendandevereux.com

Mine is based on the Laws of Attraction. I'm thinking if I have this avatar in cyberspace' date=' someday that vine guitar will be mine, mine, MINE! (there's rhyming potential in there somewhere but I have to go make supper so will think on it)[/quote']

I whish it to you from all of my heart, just like I whished to me to have an SJ 200

And be sure that it will happent in a year from that moment.

My avatar was my M-R GIBS, but I changed it in a "Vine" because of the Gilliangirl's whish.

This is my way to help her to make her whish come true.

And more - vine is a veeeeery beautiful guitar!

I whish it to you Karen!

Archived