Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar

Guitar God

Hey, everyone! Been awhile since I have posted. I ended up getting a new guitar today from Reverb. It's a 2004 year model Ibanez SZ720.  I've had my eyes on one of these for years - since I was a kid. I used to have an SZ520 model years ago and I remember having a hard time deciding between it and this model when I got that one since I liked both. So, I ended up randomly choosing the 520 model. I wound up putting Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it. I ended up giving that one to my oldest brother. I got to thinking about that guitar and started missing it a little and remembered the 720 model and how much I really loved the look of it, too, and told myself if I were to get another one, I'd get the 720 model. Well, here we are, haha.  This guitar is absolutely beautiful in person! Pictures won't do it justice. Overall, it's pretty straight up, aside from some minor buzz on a few frets, which I'm going to have straightened out. I'm thinking about throwing some active pickups in it some day. For those who aren't familiar with the old SZ models and have the opportunity to check one out, do it! These guitars play fantastic and are build fantastic, too! They made a Prestige model or two in this series, too.
4SyQSU0.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! I played a used Schecter C1 Elite last Friday (black Friday sale) that was very similar.

Double cutaway, HH, similar bridge and string through body setup. It played nice but the binding around the body and neck and the fretboard inlays were so bright to the point of being reflective that I put it back on the hanger.

It was almost iridescent 😆 

On 11/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, tx-ogre said:

Very nice.   Congrats.  I have never owned/played an Ibanez guitar, but own a 6 string Ibanez bass, which is my #1.  

I'm the on the opposite side, haha. I've never owned any of their basses. However, I have played quite a few of their basses and they've always been great.

On 11/30/2023 at 7:49 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Fancy neck work.

You seeing Kiss in NYC for the last show?

No, I didn't. But, I did watch it on Pay Per View last night, though. They were supposed to play in Knoxville, which was the closest date to me, but it got canceled due to Paul being sick.