Gibson Brands Forums

need a guys opinion on birthday gift (non-guitar related)

pumpkin

my husbands birthday is coming up.

first off, he HATES yardwork & LOVES golf....

he recently said he wanted a Taylormade R7 3 wood golf club for his birthday.

however, what i was really wanting to do is have a yard crew come out & do some serious work, like all the beds cleaned out & mulched. weeds, mowing, edging, lay tons of mulch/weed barrier down in certain areas, etc etc etc... so in the long run he has a lot less yardwork to do.

it would be done on a saturday while he was at work so he would come home to a perfect yard.

what would YOU prefer?

my husbands birthday is coming up.

first off' date=' he HATES yardwork & LOVES golf....

he recently said he wanted a Taylormade R7 3 wood golf club for his birthday.

however, what i was really wanting to do is have a yard crew come out & do some serious work, like all the beds cleaned out & mulched. weeds, mowing, edging, lay tons of mulch/weed barrier down in certain areas, etc etc etc... so in the long run he has a lot less yardwork to do.

it would be done on a saturday while he was at work so he would come home to a perfect yard.

what would YOU prefer?[/quote']

Personally, I would prefer the yard work since I don't give a crap about gold. But...

I spent a couple of years as a web designer for a pretty big golf web site and, if I learned nothing else, it's that golfers are the only people who will spend more on gear than guitar players if they believe it will improve their game. One of our top sellers was a zippered vinyl bag that one could fill with old clothes then use it as a brace to hit their club against to work on their swing. Go figure.

Get him what he asked for then. Hey' date=' not having to do yard work is great and all, but getting a toy you really want is MUCH cooler.

[/quote']

...have you seen her pic and read what the last present she gave him was? I think that guy has all any of us would want... :-

...have you seen her pic and read what the last present she gave him was? I think that guy has all any of us would want... :-

Nope, but unless the gift was a little Hoover on the ding dong, I'd still stick with the golf club.

thanks yall...

im really leaning towards the yardwork but keep thinking *thats not what he ASKED for*.

Yeah but when you got him that beautiful Les Paul did he "ask" for it? Or did you just know thats what he wanted?

It sounds like you really love him and you seem to have a great talent for gifts, so if your gut says yardwork, I bet he will love it.

Good luck.

Girl' date=' never give a man what he asked for, he will think you actually were listening, which we all know women dont do:-" [/quote']

lol.... ive already screwed that up... he knows i pay attention to every little detail.

Nope, but unless the gift was a little Hoover on the ding dong, I'd still stick with the golf club.

thats not a gift, thats called "good morning"... and this is the one & only time i will ever discuss anything that personal on here.

oh, and the gift was a GLP Standard Premium Plus!!! he was in SHOCK!

Yeah but when you got him that beautiful Les Paul did he "ask" for it? Or did you just know thats what he wanted?

It sounds like you really love him and you seem to have a great talent for gifts, so if your gut says yardwork, I bet he will love it.

Good luck.

no, he didnt ask for it. maybe i should do the yardwork thing for his birthday & the club for fathers day? and thank you so very much.

thats not a gift' date=' thats called "good morning"... and this is the one & only time i will ever discuss anything that personal on here.

oh, and the gift was a GLP Standard Premium Plus!!! he was in SHOCK![/quote']

Okay, that might beat out "good morning."

Oh hell... Who am I kidding? At 42 years old, that totally beats out "good morning."

Oh I have to chime in on this one.

Look Pumpkin, do it right.

Get your husband a gift certificate for his favorite golf course.

Then, while he's out golfing, have the yard crew crash the place and get the job done so when hubby comes home he's really stoked.

Have some friends over that afternoon so they can take part in the fun.

BBQ and have some drinks and he'll be stoked.

Trust me.

Look Pumpkin' date=' do it right.

Then, while he's out golfing, have the yard crew crash the place and get the job done so when hubby comes home he's really stoked.

Trust me.[/quote']

you are GOOOOOD! thank you!

You're certainly welcome.

It's a win win win situation.

You just have to make sure his buddies keep him away on a certain Saturday.

Husband gets golf (not the new club but the next best thing).

Yard gets done (less work for him now).

Party to show of the new yard and celebrate his birthday.

Look Pumpkin' date=' do it right.

Trust me.[/quote']

+100

He'll have a fun time out on the range and, instead of coming home to a yard that looks like he has to deal with it, will instead find his buds, someone else grilling and a tub full of beer. All you need to do beyond that is put together a play list of his favorite rock and roll.

Really, Pumpkin, the best birthdays I've ever had that really touched my heart is when someone went through the trouble to get the people I love together to celebrate with me. Put together a party with his favorite people and you've got a winner.

No' date=' you rock Pumpkin. I hope he know how lucky he is!:-$ [/quote']

I'm sure by now some guys are wondering if you have a sister like you or a best friend...

(not I - I'm happily married) I'm just saying

Archived