Gibson Brands Forums

2024 Gibson line up?

slimt

8 hours ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

That’s because Gibson is no longer attending the NAMM show , 

It's become a carnival of fools, I don't blame Gibson.

Stay above the sewer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to pass on going again this year as I have a Surgery in a couple days I have to prep for. I dis like going. Where else can you see & test drive every Guitar from every Company under one roof? And see friends from all over the Country…

This year I understand Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker & Marshall won’t be attending NAMM this year… Why go

Gibson & Fender have so many variations of the same Guitar they should release a memo of which ones they’re retiring…

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I had to pass on going again this year as I have a Surgery in a couple days I have to prep for. I dis like going. Where else can you see & test drive every Guitar from every Company under one roof? And see friends from all over the Country…

This year I understand Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker & Marshall won’t be attending NAMM this year… Why go

Gibson & Fender have so many variations of the same Guitar they should release a memo of which ones they’re retiring…

Hey good luck with procedure. Hope it helps

But you just don't understand, this one has a white pick guard, and that one has a black one. Its an entirety new and different model, and there is also a $75 dollar difference in price because of that.

They must love Slash and Kirk. They get all the sig models.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/Kirk-Hammett-1989-Les-Paul-Custom/Ebony

Just a measly $8999.

The Tom Murphy aged guitar I tried out a few days back was cheaper.

Are people still listening to G N R and 'Tallica. I checked out from their music ages ago. After Puppets what what the point to any of it. Lets make out next album with a new bassist, but turn down the bass in the mix cause I'm  Lars and you need to hear more of my drumming cause I'm the star of this band. G N R really only made two studio albums, 3 if you consider Illusion 2 separate albums, anyway. Democracy was really just a Axl solo thing with the Guns name on it to help it sell. How many people actually bought the Spaghetti Incident anyway? I think Pinch did. He loves G N R.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

But you just don't understand, this one has a white pick guard, and that one has a black one. Its an entirety new and different model, and there is also a $75 dollar difference in price because of that.

They must love Slash and Kirk. They get all the sig models.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/Kirk-Hammett-1989-Les-Paul-Custom/Ebony

Just a measly $8999.

The Tom Murphy aged guitar I tried out a few days back was cheaper.

Are people still listening to G N R and 'Tallica. I checked out from their music ages ago. After Puppets what what the point to any of it. Lets make out next album with a new bassist, but turn down the bass in the mix cause I'm  Lars and you need to hear more of my drumming cause I'm the star of this band. G N R really only made two studio albums, 3 if you consider Illusion 2 separate albums, anyway. Democracy was really just a Axl solo thing with the Guns name on it to help it sell. How many people actually bought the Spaghetti Incident anyway? I think Pinch did. He loves G N R.

All the world needs is more Les pauls .  Yay. 

I guess everyone wants to play just like slash and Kirk.    

3 minutes ago, slimt said:

I guess everyone wants to play just like slash and Kirk.    

I just want to be able to play well.  If Gibson wants to get with the times they need to get some Woke new female sensation to be the spokesperson and not old aged Rock Stars few care about.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Hey good luck with procedure. Hope it helps

Thanks PD, It's my second Cataract surgery.. Shouldn't be a big deal.. Just some more down time...

Edited by Larsongs

Today Gibson announced that the J-45, Hummingbird, Songwriter, and J-200 would be available in the same "tuxedo" trim as the Les Paul Custom: all black, multiple binding, split diamond pearl inlay on the headstock, gold tuning hardware, and mother of pearl fretboard blocks. Additionally, all will have the J-200's "bird's beak" at the end of the fretboard. 

Cub Reporter Red 333

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Red 333 said:

Today Gibson announced that the J-45, Hummingbird, Songwriter, and J-200 would be available in the same "tuxedo" trim as the Les Paul Custom: all black, multiple binding, split diamond pearl inlay on the headstock, gold tuning hardware, and mother of pearl fretboard blocks. Additionally, all will have the J-200's "bird's beak" at the end of the fretboard. 

Cub Reporter Red 333

Yep, here is the link. They are all black and have split diamonds on the head.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Collection/acoustic-custom-shop-modern

6 hours ago, Red 333 said:

I am smitten with the J-200.  Maybe I will start a Go Fund Me.

Smart way to go about it, let others do the dirty work and you reap the reward. I like the way you think. Just make sure you say it is for your sick and aging cat that needs a $7499 surgery.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper