Gibson Brands Forums

Please Just No

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I guess I feel a certain way because I mostly know you presented as the Frank Zappa and Steve Howe and Beatles guy but admittedly there’s a lot of acoustic in there even with just those 3 mentions

Zappa doesn’t have many acoustic songs. Sleep Dirt is the only one I can think of that’s fully acoustic.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What headphones is she rocking?

I really don't know. The pic was taken at a local record store we frequent. The store is old school and still has an area for sampling vinyl. (as seen in the pic)

On 4/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a 16 lb Terrier. She has her full tail and non clipped ears. 

I did play a T M Abused Guitar and it did sound really good, but at 8k you can suck it Cesar if you think I’m gonna but a new guitar that is fake abused.

I’m actually a retired Coast Guard Senior Chief. If you can’t tell I’m a Beatles fan. Zappa to, so there is that.

All good, Sgt. Pepper. I too love animals as they remind us that we are part of something greater than ourselves because we share the planet with them.  I have a good neighbor retired from the Coast Guard who I see almost daily and my Dad was in the Coast Guard reserves during the Korean War when I arrived. Good people are in that outfit.  Just curious, does this forum have a member to member chat or private messaging feature? I'm keenly aware most of my  long winded prattle is probably of little interest to anyone else. Nothing like stopping by someone's place and finding them showing their home movies from last year's vacation down in Florida with full added commentary.  I got in a couple of complaint  licks on Facebook posts by that alternate brand that begins with an "F" who proudly displayed a fine well known model built by one of their top custom builders. But alas, the fake finish it displayed was disgraceful.  I'll only repeat this one more time: I hope the make it look old trend fades away sooner than it takes to distress one.  Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Edited by John Shiflet
typo

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, John Shiflet said:

All good, Sgt. Pepper. I too love animals as they remind us that we are part of something greater than ourselves because we share the planet with them.  I have a good neighbor retired from the Coast Guard who I see almost daily and my Dad was in the Coast Guard reserves during the Korean War when I arrived. Good people are in that outfit.  Just curious, does this forum have a member to member chat or private messaging feature? I'm keenly aware most of my  long winded prattle is probably of little interest to anyone else. Nothing like stopping by someone's place and finding them showing their home movies from last year's vacation down in Florida with full added commentary.  I got in a couple of complaint  licks on Facebook posts by that alternate brand that begins with an "F" who proudly displayed a fine well known model built by one of their top custom builders. But alas, the fake finish it displayed was disgraceful.  I'll only repeat this one more time: I hope the make it look old trend fades away sooner than it takes to distress one.  Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Pets are not pets they are family. At least mine are.

Yes you can send some a personal message. If you go up to the very top right of the page, there should be an envelope icon to click on, and then you have to find them by their name.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:06 PM, Sheepdog1969 said:

My daughter has had her phonograph since she was 8, but thankfully she's not into "Tay Tay".  Her vinyl collection consists of classic rock (AC/DC, KISS, VH, REO, Journey, Styx, SRV, BOC, Sabbath/Ozzy, Dio, Stones, Rush, Tull, Yes), '80's hair bands ( Crue, Def Leppard, Twisted Sister, Metallica, Tesla, Whitesnake, Poison, Extreme),  Meatloaf, ELO, Elton John, Miss "Dolly P", Bocephus, 5 Finger Death Punch, Korn, Zac Brown, Zach Bryan, Toby Keith, Johnny Cash and MJ's Thriller.  (She's defiantly my kid!) 

nFx2ksc.jpg

You should be a proud Dad because you raised her right. She'll be into music long after the up to the minute pop singers have come and gone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

I really don't know. The pic was taken at a local record store we frequent. The store is old school and still has an area for sampling vinyl. (as seen in the pic)

I thought that was your own home recording studio.

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What headphones is she rocking? I have a nice pair of Sennheisers. When I was a kid I had a Koss headphones.

Remember the Koss Pros AAAA's.? I trashed a $500+ Phase Linear 400 power amp by jury rigging a Koss plug in station to the amp's output. It worked, sort of...until I heard the crackling noise increasing in the background and when I looked on the back, the output transistors were glowing orange from the heat.  Probably the worst impedance mismatch I've ever seen. The fried amp still sits in the basement-a vivid reminder to not tinker with gear unless you know what your doing. Still, Koss headphones were fantastic. The last pair I had were simulated four channel which was adjustable for the spatial effects. I guess like so many good American companies, they got competed out of business or mismanaged to death.

3 minutes ago, John Shiflet said:

Remember the Koss Pros AAAA's.? I trashed a $500+ Phase Linear 400 power amp by jury rigging a Koss plug in station to the amp's output. It worked, sort of...until I heard the crackling noise increasing in the background and when I looked on the back, the output transistors were glowing orange from the heat.  Probably the worst impedance mismatch I've ever seen. The fried amp still sits in the basement-a vivid reminder to not tinker with gear unless you know what your doing. Still, Koss headphones were fantastic. The last pair I had were simulated four channel which was adjustable for the spatial effects. I guess like so many good American companies, they got competed out of business or mismanaged to death.

Can’t remember which model I had. They were brown. I rocked the hell out of Kiss for years with those.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Zappa doesn’t have many acoustic songs. Sleep Dirt is the only one I can think of that’s fully acoustic.

Yeah, but Zappa had an atittude that comes through in his songs. Dweezil inherited some of that snarkiness for his Valley Girl hit. I didn't always completely  understand the guy but still consider him to be a musical genius.  Beck is the only recent artist who seems similar but he's very commercial, reminding us what can be done with two turntables and a microphone.  The "termite, choking on the splinters" is the best Zappa like line, IMO.

20 minutes ago, John Shiflet said:

Yeah, but Zappa had an atittude that comes through in his songs. Dweezil inherited some of that snarkiness for his Valley Girl hit. I didn't always completely  understand the guy but still consider him to be a musical genius.  Beck is the only recent artist who seems similar but he's very commercial, reminding us what can be done with two turntables and a microphone.  The "termite, choking on the splinters" is the best Zappa like line, IMO.

That Beck album I liked. A few others were good too. 

Joe Gallant and Illuminati made a track for track reimagining of the Dead's 'Blues For Allah'. It was called the Blues For Allah Project. Its very jazz infused and I love it.

Yes I know its was April 1st and I'm not familiar with Taylor & Swift, but see no reason why they shouldn't really do it.

On that note, I've never eaten at the establishment of Mr. Burger & Mr. King either.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Joe Gallant and Illuminati made a track for track reimagining of the Dead's 'Blues For Allah'. It was called the Blues For Allah Project. Its very jazz infused and I love it.

Yes I know its was April 1st and I'm not familiar with Taylor & Swift, but see no reason why they shouldn't really do it.

On that note, I've never eaten at the establishment of Mr. Burger & Mr. King either.  

Blues For Allah I can’t take. Next year it’s 50 years old. Side one has 2 good songs. Side 2 is one long POS, and is the stuff they do that turns people off from them.

I worked at Burger King when I was 16. It was my only fast food job.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

"we've always been willing to sell out on certain levels, it's just that no one was buying" - J Garcia

"it's kinda ironic we've come to symbolize the peace, love, flower power of the 60's cuz we never went in for any of that sh!*. we liked to ride motorcycles & shoot guns" - J Garcia

3 hours ago, Karloff said:

"we've always been willing to sell out on certain levels, it's just that no one was buying" - J Garcia

"it's kinda ironic we've come to symbolize the peace, love, flower power of the 60's cuz we never went in for any of that sh!*. we liked to ride motorcycles & shoot guns" - J Garcia

And do lots of LSD and weed.