Gibson Brands Forums

Who will get banned first:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've seen some comments on here that would have you kicked off any other forums I am a member of and people don't even get warned. It seems pretty much anything goes here except threatening people.

I don't know how many times I have seen the term "gay" thrown around as a derogatory comment on here, but that would get you a warning on the other forums I participate in.

In a way it is kind of nice though that the mods just let people go at it, the only person I have seen get banned was buddylight since i've been here.

While Dem00n calls out to be banned really hard' date=' I think he doesn't really want it, he just want some attention... Emo kid...

Just kidding Dem00n... [/quote']

You had to say that right when i lost my razor blades. #-o

(jk)

I got banned for about 4 hours once.

Censors are the most loathsome of human. To try to decide what is right and wrong.

The only thing that should get anyone banned is threatening someone. And even then it depends on how one takes it. I for example would rather have the bastards out in the open then lurking under the "guest" nick.

U just joined...im going with no one cause the mods...dont really care anymore.

I've spent a lot of time deleting spam from China. For the most part that seems to sum up my moderating activity. I have banned some people and I've deleted some posts. I don't like to get involved when the threads get a little nasty or controvertial because that's just the way forums are sometimes and I would never butt in just because of that; I figure everyone has an opinion and we are all on equal ground... there is no hierarchy here, or at least not in my eyes. Side note, I wish the new people wouldn't feel they have to apologize for asking a question just because we don't know them yet.

The only time I delete threads or posts is when profanity is used (and I have sometimes just gone in and removed a word without altering the context) or if racial/ethnic slurs are used, or if it just comes down to plain old name calling.

So dem00n, it's not that I don't care. I feel it's a privilege to be a mod and I just want to do it right and not step in unless it's really necessary.

Heck, I wrote one or two when the politicking got a bit beyond the pale and totally beyond any degree of logic that had me wondering if I'd be gone.

As I wrote on another threat tonite, I date back to really pickin' a lot in the folkie days. Politics were part of the music itself quite frequently. I tended not to agree even with some of the stuff I sang because the songs themselves were interesting rhythmically and in terms of melody and even the skill of putting together the words.

I write for a living, even went through the "Nixon Tapes" deal in the late 1960s when word-for-word quote finally got words into the newspaper nobody would have imagined would have seen print before then. I use the words in some company, don't in more public venues.

So... Here's the deal. It's one thing to say one likes or doesn't like certain styles of music, or a certain singer because of whatever, but not to call the individuals offensive names. I won't even write an example.

Telling another poster that he or she is failing in logic and is guilty of writing illogically in a "political" subject is fine - assuming I'm not the only one here who has studied a bit of formal logic and at least somebody knows what I'm talking about.

But calling another poster an intentionally nasty name is wrong.

Okay, I'll admit I told the wife of a guitar-picking poster she should burn her spouse's supper because he said she was a terrible guitar player strongly enough to get her to quit trying. But that's about as far as I think it should go. (I still think she should have. But then, she's also certainly young enough to be my daughter, and if I had one in that situation, I'd tell her the same.)

I hate nastiness. I see little excuse for it on forums such as this.

For what it's worth, I dislike poor logic in argument nearly as much, and that's certainly not something necessarily to get you tossed from a forum.

I also don't care for "dirty words." And may those who use them go home to see their mother emerging from under the back porch prepared to bite them.

I've spent a lot of time deleting spam from China. For the most part that seems to sum up my moderating activity. I have banned some people and I've deleted some posts. I don't like to get involved when the threads get a little nasty or controvertial because that's just the way forums are sometimes and I would never butt in just because of that; I figure everyone has an opinion and we are all on equal ground... there is no hierarchy here' date=' or at least not in my eyes. Side note, I wish the new people wouldn't feel they have to apologize for asking a question just because we don't know them yet.

The only time I delete threads or posts is when profanity is used (and I have sometimes just gone in and removed a word without altering the context) or if racial/ethnic slurs are used, or if it just comes down to plain old name calling.

So dem00n, it's not that I don't care. I feel it's a privilege to be a mod and I just want to do it right and not step in unless it's really necessary.[/quote']

I didnt mean it like that u did not care period, i meant it like your not banning ppl alot...for not a really good reason.

Archived