Gibson Brands Forums

Stuff That Makes Me Scratch My Head

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

so..

thread starts out as talkin about personal dynamics during discussions and for lack of a better word, debates.

followed by a page and a half of Fastfood posts.

And now as we get to the end of page 2, we're talking about Mesa Boogie amps

😆

at this point, I'm waiting for someone to yell "SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! "

Well played Forum, well played...

That is why I’ve posted we only need one thread called - post whatever the hell you want.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kidblast said:

so..

thread starts out as talkin about personal dynamics during discussions and for lack of a better word, debates.

followed by a page and a half of Fastfood posts.

And now as we get to the end of page 2, we're talking about Mesa Boogie amps

😆

at this point, I'm waiting for someone to yell "SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! "

Well played Forum, well played...

kidblast, 

If it makes you feel any better, replying to the thread's title, both Dandruff and Lice will make one scratch their head.

Your welcome.

RBSinTo

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2024 at 9:50 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love Jack-In-The Box tacos. So good, yet you know so bad for you.

I worked at Burger King when I was 17. 

gRZDvLZ.jpg

I worked at McDonalds in high school. The smell at night made me sick.  Tacos? Still love them. When I went through that cancer, I puked everything up. For some reason, Taco Bell tacos was the only thing I could keep down. Deb called it, Cancer survivors food Lol. 

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 5:52 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

So sometimes two people are having a discussion. It gets a little more heated, and then it gets to an argument and then one person says:

“You don’t know me”

What is that a 7 year old playground comeback insult for adults?

I don’t know you - is relevant how in our discussion? We were arguing about whether a Big Mac or a Whopper is a better fast food burger.

This is not something I've heard in the uk. However, it was said to me by an American woman on a forum.

She took a dislike to me (yes I was surprised too).

She finished her abusive post with '... I don't know you'. I wasn't sure what this meant so I took it literally. So I replied. 'I don't know you either, but I have a different attitude to strangers'.

The last hamburger I had I made myself. It was ok. The rissole I made was a little better,

I'd like to try a Salzburger (Schnitzel) its a fried veal cutlet stuffed with ham, mushrooms & cheese.

PS

Hamburger SV is a German Sports club. 

Posted (edited)

I bought some Prime Angus Steak Hamburger Patties last night.. I’m looking forward to barbecuing them… Add some Fresh Organic USA Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cheese, a little Best Foods Mayo, Heinz Ketchup on an Orowheat Bun….

My Wife made some of her delicious Potato Salad. Perfect Summer food! 

Edited by Larsongs
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I bought some Prime Angus Steak Hamburger Patties last night.. I’m looking forward to barbecuing them… Add some Fresh Organic USA Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cheese, a little Best Foods Mayo, Heinz Ketchup on an Orowheat Bun….

My Wife made some of her delicious Potato Salad. Perfect Summer food! 

We buy our beef from Prather Ranch..... My wife took a pound of ground beef last night....made 4 1/4 lb patties and I grilled them outside.... they were FANTASTIC....... had a wonderful dinner....tonight are steaks from the grill.....gonna be epic!

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

We buy our beef from Prather Ranch..... My wife took a pound of ground beef last night....made 4 1/4 lb patties and I grilled them outside.... they were FANTASTIC....... had a wonderful dinner....tonight are steaks from the grill.....gonna be epic!

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

Sometimes when we're eating I ask my wife, "I wonder what the poor-folk are eating tonight?"

Oh man! After a good Barbecue my Brother & I were floating on some Rafts in my Pool drinking ice cold Modelo Especial’s from an Ice Bucket.. Watching the Sun go down.. “I said, to my brother, “I wonder what the poor people are doing”… 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Oh man! After a good Barbecue my Brother & I were floating on some Rafts in my Pool drinking ice cold Modelo Especial’s from an Ice Bucket.. Watching the Sun go down.. “I said, to my brother, “I wonder what the poor people are doing”… 

GMTA~!

57 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Um . . . Not that.

3 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

What time should I be there? 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Um . . . Not that.

If you knew how poor we were when we grew up. We moved when the rent was due. I put cardboard in my shoes to cover the holes.. Thank God for Macaroni!

When I said that to my brother, it’s tongue in cheek.. I was really talking about us…. I don’t think you can forget what it’s like to be poor.. Even after you grow up & become successful.. But, it is kind of a reminder of what is possible….

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

If you knew how poor we were when we grew up. We moved when the rent was due. I put cardboard in my shoes to cover the holes.. Thank God for Macaroni!

When I said that to my brother, it’s tongue in cheek.. I was really talking about us…. I don’t think you can forget what it’s like to be poor.. Even after you grow up & become successful.. But, it is kind of a reminder of what is possible….

Anyone can loose anything at any moment. Your house can be destroyed by fire, flood, tornado or hurricane. Bank account wiped out by hackers. 

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Anyone can loose anything at any moment. Your house can be destroyed by fire, flood, tornado or hurricane. Bank account wiped out by hackers. 

Doubt too many here grew up more poor than me...but my M-I-L taught me to NEVER love something that can't love you back.....(I struggle with that and my guitars!).

On 5/11/2024 at 11:52 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

So sometimes two people are having a discussion. It gets a little more heated, and then it gets to an argument and then one person says:

“You don’t know me”

What is that a 7 year old playground comeback insult for adults?

I don’t know you - is relevant how in our discussion? We were arguing about whether a Big Mac or a Whopper is a better fast food burger.

Oh, Ok. I get it, I have heard that saying before. I used to try and help people going through cancer positive things to look at and did so to one gal at a gym. Her hair was falling out of her head everywhere and I assumed she was going through cancer treatments. So I walked up to her and said something like don't worry, it comes back. She was insulted and said she didn't have cancer. That was the last time I said anything to someone. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

As in bison? I didn't know that was available. 

Yep, and it is coming into many larger markets.  Minnesota was one of the leaders decades ago with recovering the population, which included managing ranch raised bison.  

Now we are re-introducing herds back onto reservation lands and in the state parks.  Part of management of course is controlling the population, and that means not letting them go to waste.  

We live right down the road from one of the first ranches.  They had a restaurant where you could order bison dishes, among other wonderful offerings.  They had a chef who worked at a Michelin starred restaurant in Europe.  The grilled bison filets were terrific.  And being all grass fed, it is much leaner than regular beef and healthier overall.    

But like so many family farms, none of the kids wanted to keep it up, so they sold off the herd 😞 It was fun bringing  visitors to see them out in the pasture.  More convenient than a trip to South Dakota.  

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Thanks 1

There was a diner near my job in Manhattan that had bison burgers and steaks. I tried both. I thought they were a little dry. The menu also had ostrich burgers. I tried to order those a number of times, but they never had them in stock.

5 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

There was a diner near my job in Manhattan that had bison burgers and steaks. I tried both. I thought they were a little dry. The menu also had ostrich burgers. I tried to order those a number of times, but they never had them in stock.

Yeah, it takes very careful cooking to make bison work.  You can’t just treat it like beef because it is so lean.  I normally like my beef medium rare, but bison steak needs to be served rare. It took the folks at the restaurant to convince me with a free filet, but omg they were right.   Bison burgers just need to be on the fattier side. Which is okay, because even the fat is better than beef fat.  But a lot of chefs are still stuck in the “lean burger is healthier, so they use like a 95/5 mix.  If you take an already lean meat and then cut out even the little bit of fat it might have, yeah, cardboard city.  Add some fat in and you get succulent goodness.