Gibson Brands Forums

I've been a die hard Strat man for 44 years . I'm tired of hot rodding my Strats trying to get that killer Les Paul sound. Any

Your strat will never sound like an LP. Just let it sound like a strat, nothing wrong with that!

Depending on your budget, try a standard or a traditional which will give you a pretty good idea of which sound you prefer, from the BB Pros or the 57 classics.

Thanks Slinger and Murph. That's kind of what I am leaning toward. That new LP standard Traditional pro seems to be a great bang for the buck. I know my strats can never sound like an LP but man did I ever try. I have an all blonde 04 fat strat with a dimebucker in the bridge a lil 59er in the middle and a JB junior at the neck position. It's really hot and very easy to play and all but ....... I kind of squashed the true Strat sound by doing all of that.

Murph, that Mesa Boogie and a LP is where I'm headed.

Murph' date=' that Mesa Boogie and a LP is where I'm headed.[/quote']

That's a Blue Angel and an ES-339 in a bar in Ky. with a Boss tuner and a Michelob on top. Killer rig. Non master volume.

Very bulletproof amp, but heavy as a horse in the road case.

Best to ya.

Murph.

That new LP standard Traditional pro seems to be a great bang for the buck.

Cool guitar indeed.

BurstBucker Pros are what I put in my LP Classic' date=' the output is a [i']little[/i] less than I would like.

57 Classic in the bridge is similar in tone (heavenly) but you may like the Classic Plus to get the sizzle you desire.

Forget the new 2008 Standard and the goofy neck, along with all the other stupid sh!t they did to it.

I know my strats can never sound like an LP but man did I ever try.

I have several Strats' date=' humbuckers and P-90's in 'em.

Great tones, but a Les Paul is a Les Paul.

My PRS isn't a Les Paul either....

Look for a Yamaha SBG series guitar, I had a SBG 500 that probably sounded more like a LP than any of my LP's did!

The may be a little pricey, but worth every penny.

Mesa Boogie and a LP is where I'm headed.

You're halfway there already....

That will be a killer rig.

Really apreciate the input from you Gibson guys. It's not like I don't like my main Strat but Iv'e been trying to get that LP crunch and the playability of a Start for awhile now and It's finally gotten thur to this life long Strat guy that if you want a Lp get a Dam Lp. Just trying to figure out which one.

Really appreciate the comments from my vid. Didn't know the Wife really posted it. I was kinda sloshed .

Really apreciate the input from you Gibson guys. It's not like I don't like my main Strat but Iv'e been trying to get that LP crunch and the playability of a Start for awhile now and It's finally gotten thur to this life long Strat guy that if you want a Lp get a Dam Lp. Just trying to figure out which one.

Really appreciate the comments from my vid. Didn't know the Wife really posted it. I was kinda sloshed .

Johnny Boy look here son i am going to guide you through your journey.

Get a Traditional Les Paul not Traditional Pro but "TRADITIONAL!!!".

Archived