Gibson Brands Forums

Bombed out in space on a spaced out Bomb

Rockin365

As a long time sci-fi reader I've always been disappointed in the sci-fi movies. They never have matched my imagination. I must say though, Alien was good. Outland with Sean Connery was good but was only sci-fi because it took place on a space station. It was actually High Noon in space.

As a long time sci-fi reader I've always been disappointed in the sci-fi movies. They never have matched my imagination. I must say though' date=' Alien was good. Outland with Sean Connery was good but was only sci-fi because it took place on a space station. It was actually High Noon in space.[/quote']

Unfortunatly that is the downside of books and comics being made into film.

Unless you make the movie it will never match your imagination, it's gonna always match the directors!

If we all had the same imaginations everything would be identical, how boring would that be?

Alien ***** great movie *****

Bladerunner ***** great movie ******

As a long time sci-fi reader I've always been disappointed in the sci-fi movies. They never have matched my imagination. I must say though' date=' Alien was good. Outland with Sean Connery was good but was only sci-fi because it took place on a space station. It was actually High Noon in space.[/quote']

I don't think any movie, no matter how good it's made, can match a great book. In a book, the writer can expand on so much, like what is going through a characters mind for example. It's hard to "show" all those nuances in a movie.

Yeah, a great actor can project emotions but a writer can devote whole paragraphs to a detail if needed.

I gotta put in a plug for reading the books.

I have many memorable sci fi books, not really any standout sci fi movies.

In fact, I'll put in a big plug for David Drake at Baen Books. You can even read some of his, and other estimable modern sci fi writers, free at the Baen Free Library. Get on the web site!

Archived