Gibson Brands Forums

Standard Faded worth 600 bucks?

max2343

Unless there's something wrong with it when you get there' date=' I'd buy it instantly. That's less than the cost of a new Studio Faded... and I've only seen those used for $500, once.[/quote']

Yeah big time!!

Like pohatu said, check it over first... I don't like the knobs on it!!

Unless there's something wrong with it when you get there' date=' I'd buy it instantly. That's less than the cost of a new Studio Faded... and I've only seen those used for $500, once.[/quote']

Just got the low down on this.

It's got grovers and the bridge and stop bar were swapped out with black pieces/ a sd in the Bridge and large hooks screwed in for stap buttons and must be Dowled to be put back to original and its a 2005

Just got the low down on this.

It's got grovers and the bridge and stop bar were swapped out with black pieces/ a sd in the Bridge and large hooks screwed in for stap buttons and must be Dowled to be put back to original and its a 2005

I would jump on it! A little TLC and it's back to original condition. Well worth the asking price. Good luck.

For the cost of a dowel to plug the strap pin holes and a few toothpicks for the tuner holes (assuming you want to replace them) and the skull holes, you could probably use ColorTone Touchup Markers to cover it up. The replacement pins will cover most of the dowel, anyway.

Buy the coloured marker (Vintage Amber for the top... put it on heavier for the edge, or mix with Red Mahogany), put it in, and then rub some clear lacquer on lightly on top of it (from the clear marker or elsewhere).

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/ColorTone_Touchup_Markers.html

That's got to be about a $30 repair, buying two markers and the pins.

I saw that at my local Guitar Center on Saturday when I got my PRS. That skull and star thing is screwed into the body. It's definitely leave nice sized holes if you took it out. I thought about getting it for a project.

Did you play it?

I think it looks horrible... if there's nothing wrong with her I would reinstal stock knobs and plastic, same goes for the switch tip.

Zebra pickups look great with it, or nickel covers, but that black hardware and black pickup just make her f-ugly... maybe that's why the guy is selling her for that

I dont like any of the Changes that have been made to at all

but at 656.99 with the case Delivered to my house, it's a Done Deal.

I'll change it around later and post some photo's of it.

Man I love the Finish color on this one.

I got burned on the Damn thing. I talked with a Ed at the store he took my card #'s and I explained to him that It will take 2hrs for my to drive to the bank and deposit some cash to cover it.

Then Mr frick-in Ed sold the damn thing on me and when I just called to give-em the O.K. to run the card just now

anoyher joker said Cash in the store Trumps a phone Deal.

They Suck

I got burned on the Damn thing. I talked with a Ed at the store he took my card #'s and I explained to him that It will take 2hrs for my to drive to the bank and deposit some cash to cover it.

Then Mr frick-in Ed sold the damn thing on me and when I just called to give-em the O.K. to run the card just now

anoyher joker said Cash in the store Trumps a phone Deal.

They Suck

Lame. That was a screamin deal.

Archived