Gibson Brands Forums

Dream Bride

Cruznolfart

I have dated many; none have gotten past the second date; I just can't deal with the crap.

I freaking HATE the singles scene and dating so I know exactly what you mean. You see a hot girl out at a bar, walk over, buy her a drink and waste your time talking to her for however long only to find out she's ***hole.

The best thing I ever did was join Match.com which is where I met my girlfriend. If you're looking for a relationship, it's a great way to go. The best advice I can give is to be completely honest and forthcoming in your bio and in what you're looking for in a woman; include not just your good points, but also your bad ones - warts and all (of course, don't talk yourself down so far that you scare everyone off!). I said something about being who I am an that I wasn't looking to be changed or try to change someone else and appreciated that anyone who contacted me be of like mind.

Be picky and don't settle either; I don't mean that you should hold out for Salma Hayek if you don't stand a chance with Salma Hayek, but don't give up on finding the kind of woman that you love to spend time with.

I freaking HATE the singles scene and dating so I know exactly what you mean. You see a hot girl out at a bar' date=' walk over, buy her a drink and waste your time talking to her for however long only to find out she's ***hole.

The best thing I ever did was join Match.com which is where I met my girlfriend. If you're looking for a relationship, it's a great way to go. The best advice I can give is to be completely honest and forthcoming in your bio and in what you're looking for in a woman; include not just your good points, but also your bad ones - warts and all (of course, don't talk yourself down so far that you scare everyone off!). I said something about being who I am an that I wasn't looking to be changed or try to change someone else and appreciated that anyone who contacted me be of like mind.

Be picky and don't settle either; I don't mean that you should hold out for Salma Hayek if you don't stand a chance with Salma Hayek, but don't give up on finding the kind of woman that you love to spend time with.

[/quote']

With your extreme sexyness...why didn't you just rent a billboard with your picture and telephone # on it? I'm just sayin'...

With your extreme sexyness...why didn't you just rent a billboard with your picture and telephone # on it? I'm just sayin'...

I tried that but when I started to explain to the cop why I was walking around with phone number written on my hog and my pants around my ankles, he wouldn't hear any of it.

She bought the dude a $3200 guitar without maybe finding out first if he was interested in playing guitar? What a dope! =P~

See, I'm a self-confessed old fart and I was having the same damn thought. If that was my daughter I'd think I'd raised an idiot. I'd also ask her for enough for a new CS 356. =P~

I freaking HATE the singles scene and dating so I know exactly what you mean. You see a hot girl out at a bar' date=' walk over, buy her a drink and waste your time talking to her for however long only to find out she's ***hole.

The best thing I ever did was join Match.com which is where I met my girlfriend. If you're looking for a relationship, it's a great way to go...

[/quote']

SPAM!

Just kidding... ...hm... it is spam, but you are RichCI and so can do as you like in this forum... =P~ (as long as AXE doesn't complain)=P~

Good point but I would think he would at least try' date=' rather than just kill it right away. At least he would have a Atta Boy to hold on to if he ever was accused of not trying new things with her. You have to think like a woman in these areas. I would love to see what our ladies here have to say about this thread...[/quote']

They'll just say "YOU JUST DON'T LIKE MY BOYFRIEND!!!" =P~

Good point but I would think he would at least try' date=' rather than just kill it right away. At least he would have a Atta Boy to hold on to if he ever was accused of not trying new things with her. You have to think like a woman in these areas. I would love to see what our ladies here have to say about this thread...[/quote']

On the flip side, it's an expensive guitar and he might have thought it best for her to not waste her money and just return it. The only think I can think of is that she mentions that it's one month old and most music retailers have a 30 day return policy.

The best thing I ever did was join Match.com which is where I met my girlfriend.

Hmm, I guess I met my wife the old fashioned way...in a bar!! She was actually impressed when I asked for her number and I told her that I didn't need to write it down because I have a photographic memory with numbers. To this day I can't believe a beautiful and smart girl like her married a geek like me (going on 13 years)...

You have much to learn grasshopper.

How does it go?

Women marry men expecting them to change, then are horrified when they don't.

Men marry women expecting them to stay the same, then are horrified when they don't.

My dresser consists of a socks/underwear drawer, a T-shirt drawer, a jeans drawer, and a trunks drawer. I have a few coveralls in the closet, a suit for weddings and funerals, a bunch of hooded sweatshirts, and 3 pairs of shoes. That's how it's always been, it's how it always will be. Apparently my wife didn't get the memo, or forgot it when we got married. She's brought home polo shirts, dress shirts, dress shoes, socks (which I NEVER wear), and other random articles and accessories that would indicate some level of yuppieness when we go out in public. After a year of "Wow. That's pretty nice. I hope you kept the receipt," she finally understood that I wear jeans and t-shirts. Heavy flannel and sweatshirts in the winter. I think it's just something women do as the equivalent of brownie point things that guys do. Like if I go to Menard's for something, sometimes I stop by the grocery store and pick up some small trinket to let her know that at some point in the day, I was thinking about her. I present my gift, and then cue the "Bow chicka bow bowwwwwwww". Maybe it's the female equivalent of that. More than likely, though, she saw the latest cover of GQ and went crazy for a sharp dressed man.

I'm just rambling here, fellas, but hang on a second. What if we did the same thing. We could try to change the ladies. Buy her a Les Paul out of the blue. Change her into a guitar freak. Or buy her a nice string bikini or something from Frederick's of Hollywood and give her a dose of "oh, I know it's not what you normally wear, but I just thought it would look so great on you!"

How 'bout THEM apples!?

• 5 months later...
Its very true' date=' oh what I would give to find a woman that supports my playing rather than feeling threatened by the guitar. My ex-wife originally met me because of my playing (she say me playing) and while we were dating all was cool; then we got married and I would hear "A married man does not do that". Do what? I play guitar on stage; have fun, but I always came home to her; not once did I stray. She even told me I should go to sleep with my guitar because I love it so much. Well after ten years of going downhill I finally asked for and got my divorce. At least I can honestly say I was totally faithful although she can't say the same. I did meet another woman in CT and we lived together for 2.5 years and it was great; she not only supported my playing but purchased my bass (that I still have) for me. She did attempt to learn guitar also but pretty finger nails and guitar playing do not mix. Sadly after 3.5 years we broke up and while I have dated many; none have gotten past the second date; I just can't deal with the crap.

OK done.....[/quote']

That's what is said. A woman will be first attracted to you for a number of reasons and when they have hooked you they want to change quite a few of the things that they first found inertesting. They also say you can't live with them or kill them.....well it is frowned upon here in the UK at least.

Archived