Gibson Brands Forums

National Day Of Prayer

Hmm, a nationally recognized day of prayer in a country that prides its self on a separation of church and state. Besides that If you pray isn't that something you do every day? Is it something you need everyone to do for the security of your beliefs or is it an all inclusive club? I don't get it.

Are there statistics that show less deaths on this day or are there statistics that show fewer cases of cancer detected on or after the national day of prayer? Are there any tangible benefits? Or perhaps it's just a feel good issue?

If you find comfort in it then I suppose that's its own reward. So, enjoy.

I voted for "Alone in the solitude of your own home" but I really don't like days that are designated to stand out for things you might feel you should be or just doing on your own anyway. I always do something with my mom on Mother's Day, but I spend time with her already just because I like to and don't need some greeting card company telling me that I should buy their crap every year.

I didn't vote because the only one I don't do is the last one.

What I do different today is I invite all 3 of the principals from each of our child's school out for breakfast to tell them I'm am committed to pray for them, the school, and the kids going there. We also talked about ways our church members can help the school in its objective to make smarter students.

I was reminded by one of the principals this morning that George Washington is the first one who asked for the people to pray for their country. I'm sure anyone can "google" to discover the whole history of this day. I don't have the history off the top of my head, but I think H. Trumann had a role in it as did R. Reagan who finally pushed to have it always be the first Thursday in May.

It's purpose however was not to pray for healing of people. It was to pray for the nation and the leaders - which is why I offer breakfast to our school principals; they are leaders in our community. Also for safty of the nation.

When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there

Who put forth the proposition, that you can petition the lord with prayer

Petition the lord with prayer, petition the lord with prayer

You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

When I was back there in seminary school' date=' there was a person there

[b']You cannot petition the lord with prayer![/b]

You could sue the church. They talk for him, don't they?

I didn't vote because the only one I don't do is the last one.

What I do different today is I invite all 3 of the principals from each of our child's school out for breakfast to tell them I'm am committed to pray for them' date=' the school, and the kids going there. We also talked about ways our church members can help the school in its objective to make smarter students.

I was reminded by one of the principals this morning that George Washington is the first one who asked for the people to pray for their country. I'm sure anyone can "google" to discover the whole history of this day. I don't have the history off the top of my head, but I think H. Trumann had a role in it as did R. Reagan who finally pushed to have it always be the first Thursday in May.

It's purpose however was not to pray for healing of people. It was to pray for the nation and the leaders - which is why I offer breakfast to our school principals; they are leaders in our community. Also for safty of the nation.[/quote']

Bavo!

That's an awesome way to reach out to the principals in the area.

Good job.

I'll remember you tonight when the family gets together.

Bavo!

That's an awesome way to reach out to the principals in the area.

Good job.

I'll remember you tonight when the family gets together.

Anyone else just have a "Leave It to Beaver" flashback?

Golly that's a good idea.

When I was back there in seminary school' date=' there was a person there

[b']You cannot petition the lord with prayer![/b]

The monk.................had............lunch!

Archived