Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic Guitar

I bought an Ibanez that sounds and plays great for next to nothing at Guitar Center... I think it was a 2008 model that was like $399 and I got it for $150.... At the time I had been shopping around and I played a bunch of acoustics and for the price and sound the Ibanez was the best....

I was on a Quest like that for about 6 or 7 months. I tried all kinds of Low Priced all solid wood Acoustics along the way. I found that if you don't want to spend $500, you have to wait for something to come on sale. I got a Fender GDS500se for $300 and Change, but it was on clearance, and they don't make them anymore.

I found Guild made the most consistently good low priced All Solid Wood Acoustics.

As for Laminate Back And Side Acoustics, Epiphone seems to have the best, but it's all preference.

Yamahas Guild & Ibanez. Gotta take good care of your Yamaha though, they SUCK after sitting in your case for 20 years.

Hey! This is the Lounge. You can't talk 'shop' here. Take ito the Acoustic board! :-s

Who ever goes to the acoustic forum?

am currently looking for an acoustic guitar that sounds decent for about 300. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for this. My budget isn't too firm, but that's about what I'm looking to spend

My friends daughter has an Oscar Schmidt that he paid $179 Canadian for...

I must say it sounded pretty good, and you wont find one much cheaper.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sorry I didn't post it in the acoustics section, but i figured I'd get a larger audience here. I was actually thinking about getting an epiphone because they sound good and won't bust the bank. I'm not necessarily looking for only an acoustic, but I wouldn't mind an acoustic electric, although the primary use would be unplugged

Seagull S-6. Good and cheap. Two words that are seldom in the same sentence.

+342 - the number of these that can be found in a typical guitar shop. They sound fantastic, and they're dirt cheap if you look around. Pretty consistent manufacturing, too.

I have a handful of higher end acoustics, and I still want to pick up a Seagull. The s-6 original and Coastline Folk are at the top of my list.

Archived