Gibson Brands Forums

Degrees of separation.

Homz

Degrees of separation.

Tell us your level of education.

What does that say about a person, if anything?

Can you judge a person by the degrees he/she holds?

Does education add to a person's character?

Does a person's level of education lead to a certain political view?

Tell us your level of education. - 2 undergraduate degrees

What does that say about a person, if anything? - To an employer, it can show willingness to complete a difficult "task", an ability to learn and a measurable level of knowledge in a subject or area of expertise.

Can you judge a person by the degrees he/she holds? - What do you mean? Judge what about a person?

Does education add to a person's character? - IMHO, It can.

Does a person's level of education lead to a certain political view? - IMHO, No.

Tell us your level of education. - 2 undergraduate degrees

What does that say about a person' date=' if anything? - To an employer, it can show willingness to complete a difficult "task", an ability to learn and a measurable level of knowledge in a subject or area of expertise.

Can you judge a person by the degrees he/she holds? - What do you mean? Judge what about a person?

Does education add to a person's character? - IMHO, It can.

Does a person's level of education lead to a certain political view? - IMHO, No.

[/quote']

I think judge means what ever you want it to mean. It's a rather open ended question.

"Formal" education would not normally include trade schools, and I couldn't answer both, dang it. Plus, if trade schools are to be included, then so should military training. Now THAT will get you some interesting results, I suspect. Anyhoo, I'm a HS grad with some college and lots of trade and military schools. I'm in there somewhere.

"Formal" education would not normally include trade schools' date=' and I couldn't answer both, dang it. Plus, if trade schools are to be included, then so should military training. Now THAT will get you some interesting results, I suspect. Anyhoo, I'm a HS grad with some college and lots of trade and military schools. I'm in there somewhere.[/quote']

If I hadn't been rushed at the end of the list I was making (I had to carry groceries in) I probably would have put military and trade schools together. I do think it is a legitimate form of education. One of the most astounding intellects I've ever met had no higher eduction and was a tradesman. That is trade school.

I wish this country had more opportunities for apprenticeships in the trades. There is too much focus on sending kids to college--even kids that won't benefit from it. If I could do it over, I would have skipped college and learned to work with my hands--carpentry or woodworking.

I am hoping that by the time my kids are in high-school we as a country would have created more opportunities/paths for those who don't want to go to college.

I wish this country had more opportunities for apprenticeships in the trades. There is too much focus on sending kids to college--even kids that won't benefit from it. If I could do it over' date=' I would have skipped college and learned to work with my hands--carpentry or woodworking.

I am hoping that by the time my kids are in high-school we as a country would have created more opportunities/paths for those who don't want to go to college.

[/quote']

Some trades can be quite lucrative. If your a say nuclear welder it a 6 figure job.

Even my trade can be 6 figures. These positions require as much as 8 to 10 years of training and class work.

Eye was out after the first semester of 10th Eye was taken on by the whole football team they didn't like my Mohawk so Eye had no choice but to fight dirty. Eye was given the boot. nothing but rock n roll there after. Eye wouldn't recommend it to the young one's here. Stay in school. Believe me life is rough when your stupid :-s and lots of physical labor too.

You see that was part of the point of the post. The Mick and Axe are among the wisest and most intelligent of all those on the forum. Yet by the modern standards they don't have what many would call a formal education. I'm saying our current standards of measurements of such things don't fit the requirements.

You see that was part of the point of the post. The Mick and Axe are among the wisest and most intelligent of all those on the forum. Yet by the modern standards they don't have what many would call a formal education. I'm saying our current standards of measurements of such things don't fit the requirements.

Eye don't know bout all that but

There's an old saying for every wise old man there was one young fool.

If I hadn't been rushed at the end of the list I was making (I had to carry groceries in) I probably would have put military and trade schools together. I do think it is a legitimate form of education. One of the most astounding intellects I've ever met had no higher eduction and was a tradesman. That is trade school.

Man can't live on thread alone; gotta bring in the grub. Here's one of my young-adult influences from when I lived/worked/gigged in SF. You've probably heard of him' date=' a very interesting person of incredible depth, Eric Hoffer.

Archived