Gibson Brands Forums

Fleetwood Mac

Yep first tour of all of them in five years - Christine McVie is the only not there and at least the press from the early stops on this tour say's they are all still cranking even though there in the early 60's.

Lindsey Buckingham turns 60 in October, Stevie Nicks turns 61 this week. Mick Fleetwood is 62 in June and John McVie is in his 63rd year.

I don't think you will be.

I last saw them on the Faces Behind the Mask tour and they were awesome. even with the two sub guitarist.

Lindsey Buckingham is incredible. If you get the chance you should check out his Live at Bass Hall in Fort Worth DVD.

My good friend Brian Shelton directed it. An awesome performance. It leaves his hands bleeding.

Great show and venue.

Lindsey Buckingham is incredible.

Indeed he is.

Vastly under rated in my opinion.

But - he's a bit of an "arteest" who's crawled too far up his own *** - but still a blazing guitar player.

My biggest b!tch is that he seems to have grown bored with all those songs we know and love.

Every time I've seen footage of him playing in the last ten years he twists the songs all up and starts yelping like a dog in heat while jumping around epileptic-like.

Not that I expect the song to be a squeaky-clean copy of the album, but come on.....

Two good reasons to see them - Lindsay Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood

Lindsay is amazing - he plays everything with his fingers - never uses a pick.

Mick Fleetwood is one of the most amazing drummers I have ever heard.

Once upon a time I would have said the major reason was to see Stevie Nicks - but I think Stevie lost the plot a long time ago.

And Christine McVie is a real loss. I certainly miss her.

Phoenix paper had an article on them today, I was reading some of it.

I wondered what the vocal harmonies will be like without Christine McVie.

The paper had a setlist that included Songbird, so....?

The three of them (her with Buckingham & Nicks) created some harmonies that simply cannot be beat.

Silver Spring sends chills up my spine everytime I hear it, along with a few other songs.

- and vocals don't usually get my attention.

I'm guessing they have backup singers or additional band members - somebody has to play keyboard......

Phoenix paper had an article on them today' date=' I was reading some of it.

I wondered what the vocal harmonies will be like without Christine McVie.

The paper had a setlist that included Songbird, so....?

The three of them (her with Buckingham & Nicks) created some harmonies that simply cannot be beat.

Silver Spring sends chills up my spine everytime I hear it, along with a few other songs.

- and vocals don't usually get my attention.

I'm guessing they have backup singers or additional band members - somebody has to play keyboard......

[/quote']

They are coming to Melbourne and I will probably fork out the brass - but only after I have read a few reviews.

Without Christine McVie there is a risk that it will be too focussed on Stevie Nicks - long drawn out versions of Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman (even thought they are good songs) would turn me cold. But then again, they are older and hopefully a bit less self-indulgent.

I still have the Steve Nicks - Lindsay Buckingham album they recorded before joining Fleetwood Mac. Must dust it off.

Let us know how the show turns out.

Well thanks all I was worried some of these great bands should have stopped touring I saw Flletwood in the mid to late 70's so I was worried that seeing them again this late would ruin some great memories. The Moody Blues with a walker still haunts my memories. But no worries, very good show overall they still sound good Lindsey is truly amazing, one of the best left hands in the guitar world he does tend to be a bit overly into himself and that is getting worse (butchered Never Going Back Again) but he can sure play and his voice isn't gone even if he doesn't have the range anymore.

Stevie - what can you say still sounds like Stevie and hell hard to believe she's 60 looking good and even if the highs aren't there still good rocker and she was backed up by three very good young female backup singers that filled in well didn't overpower anything and helped with gap left from performing without Christine McVie .

And Mick is Mick doesn't get much better than that still sounds great and looks like he's having a blast doing it.

Good show overall and they were not pushing any new album or remakes or anything just playing the old favorites as hard as they could.

We all had crushes on Stevie she was the quintessential hippie chic. And she still looks pretty amazing for 60

I remember getting real close to little Stevie one night. I was about 18 and I waited out the back stage door for about 2 hours after a gig. It was worth it!!

. . . very good show overall they still sound good Lindsey is truly amazing' date=' one of the best left hands in the guitar world he does tend to be a bit overly into himself and that is getting worse (butchered Never Going Back Again) but he can sure play and his voice isn't gone even if he doesn't have the range anymore. [/quote']

Did he play "I'm so afraid?" Awesome guitar work on that one. I think with Lindsey it's the amount of tone he gets from the type of guitar he plays and the way he plays it.

Stevie - what can you say still sounds like Stevie and hell hard to believe she's 60 looking good and even if the highs aren't there still good rocker and she was backed up by three very good young female backup singers that filled in well didn't overpower anything and helped with gap left from performing without Christine McVie/

And I'm not too proud to admit I'd still do Stevie and/or Christine. Well' date=' in my fantasy world where I'm not married and that could actually happen to begin with . . . of course, I'm 50 so they're already +/- 10 of my age range. Close enough! :-k

I do disagree with some though that suggest losing Christine was no big loss. Tremendous loss in my book.

And Mick is Mick doesn't get much better than that still sounds great and looks like he's having a blast doing it.

Mick always reminded me of Animal on the Muppet Show. Think about it.

112952574.jpg

Fleetwood Mac minus McVie is running on the Palladia Network on Charter cable right now as a matter of fact.

Yeah saw it and no one will convince me it was better than The Dance gig.

Don't know what I'd do with it' date=' but I've always wanted a Rick Turner guitar for some reason. They do have a unique sound.

[/quote']

You know, I actually thought Rick Turner made that guitar specifically for Lindsey but not sure that's the case. I just don't see how they control feedback. Would love one myself. What's another $4K+ . . .

Archived