Gibson Brands Forums

New guy with a Montana girl on the way

Egon

Hey Y'all,

I think I finally found the girl of my dreams, but I'm as nervous as a first time father in the hospital waiting room. I've wanted one of these since I fist laid my eyes (and hands) on one. I took a big chance buying her on Ebay for $1500, based on a pretty face and a promise.

NewGirl.jpg

I hope I didn't screw up. Sometimes love is blind. Any opinions?

Congrats on the acquisition. As I have said to friends of mine, " if you have the money, this economy is a great time to buy a high end guitar." Alot of retailers and just foks in general are having a rough time financially and I do feel sorry for them. But it is an opportunity for those who have cash. I bought my J-185ec a couple months ago online and I didnt pay anywhere near what the retailer was showing. I got a new, future collectors item for a price I couldnt have ever gotten it for just a few years ago. My brother in law says its times like these to buy boats motorcyles etc... because people who have lost jobs need to shed debt. Well guitars are in the same catagory as boats and motorcyles. A luxury not a necessity. Looks like you got a "current economy deal". 8-[

Thanks for the kind encouragement! I'm pretty confident about the seller...good feedback, communication, etc...and he says if it isn't exactly as described I can return it within 7 days of receipt. It is definitely a buyers market these days. Truly glad I'm buyin' instead of sellin'!

Hey Egon' date=' went to your myspace page and listened to poison letter, great tune. How can I get the CD that song is on?[/quote']

Thanks, man, glad you dig the song! The CD is coming out mid-summer. Finishing up a few bits, actually holding up a song for the new guitar. I'll keep you posted!

Howdy Egon!

You didn't screw up at all! Looks great to me.

Big Bad Edit: An even bigger, 'Howdy' fellow Briar. I should read entire threads & visit sites. Richmond, Ky. home of old EKU, huh. Have I met you at either Willcutts? I'm up north and only get down a few times a year usually to the Lex. store where I went to school, before electricity. Went to your site. You got it man. Now I have to get the CD.

Nearly Steve

Nice looking ebay score! Here is hoping she sounds as good as she looks. When will it arrive?

As per the unwritten forum rules, make sure to remember the first song you play on her when you get it because we will all want to know.

Congrats and welcome to a great group of Gibson lovers! =D>

As to your comment about a "Pretty face and a promise".....

Haven't we all done something we are glad we did all for a pretty face and a promise? =P~ =P~

As per the unwritten forum rules' date=' make sure to remember the first song you play on her when you get it because we will all want to know.

[/quote']

Okay, the first song I played on it was the title song to my upcoming record, "Red Moon Road". I love this guitar...I mean I LOVE THIS GUITAR! I'll post the song on my Myspace Music page (see link below) as soon as I get it finished. I hope you all will check it out! You don't have to wait for it, though, the songs you can hear right now were recorded using (among other instruments) my trusty old Working Man WM-10. I have beat that poor guitar relentlessly, and she never let me down. She looks happy sitting next to the new girl.

Archived