Gibson Brands Forums

What a great guitar forum!

Cruznolfart

firstly I do actually think he forum is awesome!!! Thank you Gibson :), a great bunch of people!

but re the politics...

I find the politics very, very tiresome. The things discussed are very insular; firstly the posts are to do with American politics and nothing else, but more importantly, the arguments are presented often very childishly. Using photo shop images of the other parties members etc etc looking silly is just so lame. There is a whole world out there!

At least if they were intelligent debates it would be an improvement on what is continually posted.

In real life my mates (all who have different political beliefs etc) and would never fall out of this kind of shite!

Matt

A political and religion free zone would be very nice, it just causes BIG trouble plus we need to get back to the important stuff like guitars and music and freindly chat.:)

firstly I do actually think he forum is awesome!!! Thank you Gibson :)' date=' a great bunch of people!

[b']but re the politics...[/b]

I find the politics very, very tiresome. The things discussed are very insular; firstly the posts are to do with American politics and nothing else, but more importantly, the arguments are presented often very childishly. Using photo shop images of the other parties members etc etc looking silly is just so lame. There is a whole world out there!

At least if they were intelligent debates it would be an improvement on what is continually posted.

In real life my mates (all who have different political beliefs etc) and would never fall out of this kind of shite!

Matt

And I'm all for bringing Maggie back as PM.

But Matt S...

It's impossible for U.S. poiltics to be "insular." Heck, we ain't an island, you are! <chortle and big grin>

Seriously, this forum is my coffee break to take my mind off the next story I have to write or the one I just finished. Every now and then I'll pop down to see what's being written in the "other and archtop" forum. The arguments there seem largely to be over string gauges.

The one true weakness of a forum is that we don't really have the possibility of seeing the other person, nor of knowing quite what he or she is saying from words that lack the additional bit of voice tone that tells us much more of the poster's meaning than just the letters typed onto a screen.

But I might also wager that in spite of some of the really silly stuff would mostly be forgotten if one of us and family had car trouble on the road and got ahold of another member for some help in their town.

Anyway... back to writing about new murals and asbestos removal at the local high school.

m

firstly I do actually think he forum is awesome!!! Thank you Gibson =D>' date=' a great bunch of people!

[b']but re the politics...[/b]

Matt

It's not really about politics. It's about intolerance and ignorance. I will often post stuff I don't even agree with for example the nominee for our Supreme Court Sotomayor. To be honest I don't like her. I believe her to be to pro corporation and not enough worker. The point is all the drooling morons who think she is the Antichrist. They rally in a circle like sharks approaching a lone wounded seal. This give me insight into the character of those involved. It's a hobby, I suppose. I'm really not interested in what their answers are so much as how they answer.

But Matt S...

It's impossible for U.S. poiltics to be "insular." Heck' date=' we ain't an island, you are! <chortle and big grin>

[/quote']

Milod,

Yes but more than 20 percent of us in the UK own passports though ;)

Matt

But Matt S...

It's impossible for U.S. poiltics to be "insular." Heck' date=' we ain't an island, you are! <chortle and big grin>

[/quote']

Milod,

Matt

Milod' date='

Matt

[/quote']

Well...don't you NEED 'em in order to go anywhere? Krikey, Matt, if I could only go 200 miles in one direction without showing someone my papers I'd go bonkers. Thankfully we can travel from Atlantic to Pacific, from the Gulf of Mexico to the Canadian boarder and not have to show anyone anything...unless we break some silly little law. ;)

Well...don't you NEED 'em in order to go anywhere? Krikey' date=' Matt, if I could only go 200 miles in one direction without showing someone my papers I'd go bonkers. Thankfully we can travel from Atlantic to Pacific, from the Gulf of Mexico to the Canadian boarder and not have to show anyone anything...unless we break some silly little law. ;) [/quote']

Yes, we need a passport to travel to another country outside the British Isles, but England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales not needed ;)

Me and Milod were just enjoying bantering!

As for Margaret...

I challenge you to produce an American female politician of equal uglyness!!

Matt

Yes' date=' we need a passport to travel to another country outside the British Isles, but England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales not needed :)

Me and Milod were just enjoying bantering!

As for Margaret...

I challenge you to produce an American female politician of equal uglyness!!

Matt

[/quote']

I accept, Sir! And I offer the following:

janetrenorespect.jpg

Janet Reno in all her flaming beauty ;) ;)

Perhaps more a political appointee than a politician. But I got ya on downright oogliness, professional designation notwithstanding. O:)

It isn't just the guys like Homz and Neo who post them, it's equally the rest of us who respond. If we didn't respond they would probably stop their posts. Ir at least they would just be talking to themselves.

Archived