Gibson Brands Forums

Good trade?

ledzep59

Well, I finally got rid of a tele that I have had for a few months and that never gets played due to the awesomeness of my R9 which I can't put down. I have always been a humbucker guy, so the single coils of the tele may have been the reason for me not playing it so much. This morning I met up with some dude and traded the tele for a 1996 PRS Custom 22 with black cherry top. Tell me what you think! Here are some pics of the tele first and then the PRS:

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

I forgot to mention that I only paid $500 for the American Deluxe Tele when it was brand new. I still love gibsons more than anything, and I hope I can keep trading up until I get another custom shop reissue les paul (either another 59 reissue, or a 57 gold top. But for now, the PRS is a very nice guitar for $500.

It plays incredible and sounds really smooth, as one would expect from a PRS. The pups are Dragon II and it also has a coil split. One thing I do like about the PRS is the weight- very well balanced and light without sacrificing resonance.

You'll be sorry.

Why? I never played the Fender. Don't get me wrong, a tele is an incredible machine. I had always wanted one and I finally got one and all it did was sit. I still plan on getting a tele at some point, but next time I will only buy exactly what I am looking for- a butterscotch '52 reissue.

You will love the PRS. It just feels right. Good Trade in my opinion.

I gotta trade for you. I traded a 29 yo Take 12 string valued at $99.99 for a 85 Wine Red Studio, needless to say

I'am a happy guy and will be picking it up from my teck later today.

Why? I never played the Fender. Don't get me wrong' date=' a tele is an incredible machine. I had always wanted one and I finally got one and all it did was sit. I still plan on getting a tele at some point, but next time I will only buy exactly what I am looking for- a butterscotch '52 reissue.[/quote']

As long as you're planing on getting another. Everybody needs a Tele

As long as you're planing on getting another. Everybody needs a Tele

For me a Tele is about simplicity. The deluxe I had had the piezo pickup and all sorts of electronic crap in the back. I just want a plain one. This offer was also too good to pass up. Should I feel the need, I could sell this PRS and buy that '52 reissue and put some money back in my pocket. That can wait, though, I am having some fun with this PRS.

Beautiful guitar you got now.

If it plays well sounds nice and feels awesome keep it and dont look back.

I wouldnt comprimise in this case either.

with me I want either a seinna sunburst am std. strat or the mahogany strat fender makes, an am std tele, an SG standard, and a J-45 rosewood

(in no particular order)

Killer trade if you ask me!

I have a damned nice Tele and a damned nice PRS.

I can tell you that the PRS does NOT replace the Tele.

The PRS should be judged on its own merit.

They are fabulous guitars, but mine does NOTHING that other guitars can't do.

Fit, finish, quality, playability, all are beyond compare but it is NOT the guitar to make you sell all the others.

The whole thing about PRS being so versatile so ya only need one guitar is baloney.

I love mine, but if I wanna hear a Tele I grab the Tele.

If I wanna hear a Strat, I grab a Strat.

If I wanna hear a Les Paul or an SG.....

You get the idea!

:-)

Oh, and you're right.

A Tele does NOT need all that other electronic bullsh!t.

They're supposed to sound thin and shrill like an ice pick in the ear!!!

Good trade....I always felt that if I bought a Telly id develop a crush on my cousin.

Ouch that's harsh - And why would that be a problem' date=' just askin does your cousin have her own pickup truck and hopefully original teeth? and worse case you can always play Dueling Banjo's on the PRS

All sarcasm aside a tele you don't like is never gonna be missed. Tele's are a love hate thing great guitar and very distinct sound/feel but if that's not [u']your thing[/u] it won't ever be a favorite.

Archived